een Bay Packers.Jennings caught

in Plichtchallenges 16.04.2019 07:53
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

TEMPE, Ariz. -- A bad season has gotten worse for the Arizona Cardinals, with a rash of new injuries and the arrest of a wide receiver.Three players appear headed for season-ending injured reserve -- safety Tyvon Branch (torn muscle in groin), inside linebacker Deone Bucannon (high ankle sprain) and right tackle Ulrick John (dislocated shoulder). It will be Branchs second trip to IR. He underwent groin surgery and was pulled off IR, appearing in two games before tearing a muscle very near where the first operation occurred.In addition, left tackle D.J. Humphries -- who was playing the best of the remaining offensive linemen -- is out while undergoing the concussion protocol.To add to the Cardinals troubles, wide receiver Michael Floyd was arrested in Scottsdale early Monday on charges of driving under the influence, failure to obey a police officer and obstructing a roadway.That followed a 26-23 loss at Miami on Sunday, a defeat that virtually sealed the Cardinals fate as a non-playoff team. Theres still a mathematical chance for them, but at 5-7-1, the reality is that a team that had embraced preseason predictions of a Super Bowl is out of the running for the postseason.Coach Bruce Arians told the players as much in the locker room after Sundays loss.Just being real, Arians said at his weekly Monday news conference. I wouldnt expect anything other than disappointment, but are you going to sugarcoat it? 8-7-1 might get you in, but probably not.Among Arians chief challenges this week is to put together an offensive line for Sundays game against New Orleans, Arizonas final home contest of the season.If Humphries cant go, John Wetzel would be the left tackle. That probably means the Cardinals would bring undrafted rookie Givens Price off the practice squad and perhaps give him the start at right tackle.Hes done a nice job of maturing on the practice squad, Arians said. Well look at him.Thats not exactly a strong group to try to protect Carson Palmer, who has been under siege by the pass rush and taken some vicious hits throughout the season.Theres still guys there and we expect the same of them, center A.Q. Shipley said of the remaining linemen. He added, jokingly, that he might have to move out to left tackle this week. Well see what happens.Floyd was having what Arians described as a very inconsistent season before he was arrested.Scottsdale police said they received a report at 2:48 a.m. MST Monday of a man unconscious behind the wheel of a running vehicle at an intersection.Floyd, who had three alcohol-related brushes with the law when he played at Notre Dame, was booked on the charges and released about 5 a.m.Arians said he would continue to gather information about the arrest before deciding how to proceed.Sunday featured another special teams meltdown for the Cardinals, and Arians mounted an unsolicited, spirited defense of special teams coach Amos Jones.Arizona missed an extra point due to a bad snap. Chandler Catanzaro also missed a field goal try and had a conversion kick blocked and returned the length of the field for two Miami points. A punt return helped set up Miamis game-winning field goal.Its been a bad snap and hold and a kick or a punt all year, Arians said. Coaches dont do any of those things. There wont be any coaching changes. Let me make that perfectly clear today. They dont snap, hold and kick. Players do those things.Arians called Jones a hell of a coach.I watch him prepare, Arians said. I watch him coach. It has nothing to do with (my) faith. I know the guy can coach. His players arent playing very well. Theyre my players, so if Im going to fire him, Ill fire myself.Arians said his five best special teams players are on injured reserve.The Cardinals still have special teams ace Justin Bethel, but his play at cornerback has not been good. Injuries pressed Bethel into the lineup and he was repeatedly burned late in the game.Arians called Bethels play at cornerback a failure in progress.The coach said he expects professionalism and effort from his players the remainder of the season.You respect the process and you come to work, Arians said. Ive been on a 3-13 team and a 7-9 team. You come to work every week. If you see guys cashing it in, you need to get rid of them.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Brayden Point Jersey . Aduriz headed home Markel Susaetas cross in the sixth minute to open the scoring at San Mames Stadium. He bettered that with a long-range blast that went in off the goal frame in the 18th, and converted a penalty in the 72nd after Diego Mainz was sent off for fouling Aduriz with only the goalkeeper to beat. Martin St. Louis Jersey . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. http://www.lightninghockeystore.us/Nikita-Kucherov-Jersey/ . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Mikhail Sergachev Jersey . - The Washington Redskins have cut defensive lineman Adam Carriker and punter Sav Rocca. Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Receiver Greg Jennings is retiring after a decade in the National Football League.Jennings, in a video posted Monday on social media, says football is over. Im done.The 32-year-old Jennings finishes his career with 571 catches for 8,291 yards and 64 touchdowns. He spent last season with the Miami Dolphins, making just 19 catches for 208 yards and a score, playing in all 16 games.Looking directly into the camera, often with a smile, Jennings explained his decision .Physically I know that I can do it, I can still play. Im in shape, Ive been training hard, Jennings said. But I feel as though I would be going back to football versus moving forward.Jennings also spent two seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. But hes best known for his seven years with the Green Bay Packers.Jennings caught two touchdowns from quarterback Aaron Rodgers in the Packers 31-25 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV onn Feb.dddddddddddd 6, 2011.I think great memories for his time here, particularly in (the Super Bowl.) Made some huge plays in the football game, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said at Lambeau Field, where players were reporting for training camp on Monday.Greg could light up a room with a smile. Played a lot of really good football for us, McCarthy said.Jennings caught 53 touchdowns in Green Bay before the Packers let him go as a free agent after the 2012 season. Green Bay drafted Jennings in the second round of the 2006 draft.Jennings thanked fans for their support, and said he had so many things going on, planning to share plans in the future.Im done. But Im just getting started, a smiling Jennings said, clapping his hands.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: TheodoreS
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4008 Themen und 4796 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen