ional background, an Olympic veteran and t

in Freiwillige Challenges 18.04.2019 06:49
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

Former Celtic captain Paul Lambert thinks Brendan Rodgers would be a great choice to be the next manager of his old club. Celtic are holding interviews as they seek to find a replacement for Ronny Deila, who departed Glasgow on Monday having won two Scottish Premiership titles in as many years as manager.Sky Sports understands both Rodgers and former Watford and Cardiff boss Malky Mackay have already held talks with Celtic, while several others continue to be linked with the vacancy. Rodgers has been out of work since last October when he was replaced by Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool. Former Liverpool boss Rodgers has been linked with the Celtic job But Lambert reckons Rodgers would have a similar impact to Neil Lennon and Martin ONeill, who delivered three titles each during their spells in charge of the Hoops.I think so. It will be totally different from Liverpool if Brendan got it. I dont think, because Liverpool is a massive club, you cant go to Celtic and think, well its an inferior club. Its not, Lambert told Sky Sports News HQ. Lambert won the league title four times as a Celtic player Celtics a huge football club. Even in my own time when Martin ONeill came in, I said at the time we needed a manager like him because of the demands of the club.It needed a strong personality to take the job on, and Martin was absolutely fantastic to play under.And I think if you asked any of us at that time, it was a fantastic five years under him, but we needed a manager to pull the club up. He handled the whole size of it, handled the fanbase, and got really good players in to help. Celtic want Rodgers as their next manager, according to Sky sources Could Brendan go in and do it? I think he could, but there will be a lot of hurdles hell need to get over to meet the demands of it. He knows the club. I think Celtic is still a massive club to take on.When asked what will be required from Rodgers should he be appointed, the 46-year-old insisted expectation will be high.I think what hell need to do is grasp you are either first or last, there is no in-between, there is no second place, theres no nothing, you have to win the title, Lambert said.It doesnt matter who comes, the supporters will still expect you to win because the weight of the jersey carries a lot for the players on it, and you have to get that in your head that you are going to have to win more games than not. Martin ONeill (left) and Neil Lennon were both successful Celtic managers Lambert, who won the league four times, the Scottish Cup on three occasions, and twice picked up the League Cup in eight glittering years with the Hoops, recently left his position as manager of Blackburn.The ex-Norwich and Aston Villa manager decided to activate a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Ewood Park six months into a two-and-a-half year deal.While Lambert concedes he will be looking for a new position, he says there has been no approach from Celtic to offer an interview.First and foremost, you have got to be asked to go and do a job. Celtic, as Ive said before is a brilliant club, a club really close to me. I had a great eight years there. Its a really fantastic place, Lambert said.But you have to be asked. Youve got to be good enough to go and do it and that will be Celtics prerogative to pick the right guy. Hopefully, whoever goes in there, gives the club success, because its a brilliant club.Im unemployed at the minute, so I actually need to look for something. Thats probably my best answer. Also See: Celtic video Celtic fixtures Celtic stats Get £10 free bet! Cheap Air Max 1 . PAUL, Minn. Air Max 1 Wholesale Cheap . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. http://www.airmax1wholesale.com/ . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Cheap Wholesale Air Max 1 . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Air Max 1 Wholesale . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Today the fighting men from the former Soviet Republics and the Communist states that made up the glorious sporting empire of the Eastern Bloc can openly fight as professional boxers.The fighters have left Tashkent for LA, swapped Vladivostok for Miami and traded forever an ancient Medal of the People, the typical appreciation symbol for success at the Olympics, for a few million dollars tucked away in a bank.The flight from the faded regimes and the limited horizons of old-fashioned amateur boxing started over 25 years ago with a mixed trickle of defectors and defective bruisers. They fought in Chicago and New York, often close to other Polish, Uzbek or Russian émigrés and before about 1999 most seemed to fall short.There is a patron saint of frustrated Communist boxers, the slick Hungarian Laszlo Papp, three times an Olympic champion, and throughout his belated professional career he was the leading contender and overlooked. Papp turned professional in 1957 when he was 31 and went unbeaten in 29 fights in Europe before giving up in 1964 on his lost cause to fight for the world title. The Hungarian government and reluctant American champions ruined Papps mission.In 1978 Yugoslavias Mate Parlov was the first boxer from behind the Iron Curtain to win a world title when he became the WBC light-heavyweight champion. Parlov famously defended his title at the Red Star stadium in Belgrade against John Conteh in 1978. Conteh lost, Parlovs corner saved their boxer from potential cuts by fixing a crazy and now fully illegal coating of something toxic and synthetic across his eyebrows before the first bell. There was another long break, a long wait after Parlov lost his title later the same year.Men like Kazak Oleg Maskaev, who turned professional in 1992, won the WBC heavyweight title in 2006 but in 1995 fought for a Pacific title at York Hall in Londons east end against Nikolai Kulpin, another Kazak. Kulpin once fought Johnny Nelson in Thailand for a version of the world heavyweight title. In 1992 world amateur champion Kostya Tszyu left the collapsed Soviet Union to settle in Australia, where a year earlier he had won the amateur title, to begin a decade long reign of terror.The towering East German Henry Maske won his world titlee in 1993 and launched the German boxing business.dddddddddddd By the end of the 1990s the Eastern Bloc fighters were everywhere. The Beast from the East, Nikolai Valuev -- all seven foot and 20 stone of him -- fought in south London in 1996 and briefly had Frank Maloney as a manager.The modern fighters from behind the Iron Curtain or the Eastern Bloc, take your pick, need to nod their heads to the pioneers, the known boxers that made an impression when they left their distant homes to follow a wild dream of getting paid to fight. There are others that simply appeared in the record books and then disappeared, a forever lost tribe of Alexanders, Vassilys and Timors now working anonymously in America. In the 1990s in Las Vegas there was always a new wonder kid from Russia, who was often from Uzbekistan, and he was at the fights with a slippery manager, a man in pointed shoes often with a gold tip. The generic pair shook hands, smiled, made promises and often told fibs. Then they vanished.Gennady Golovkin is arguably the most entertaining and exciting boxer yet from the Eastern Bloc, a man with a traditional background, an Olympic veteran and top international amateur fighter. He is part of that rich history and he has embraced the American idea of entertainment, which is something other great fighters from his culture have failed to do. He is everything that most of the other Eastern Bloc fighters are not; Golovkin is mean, he can fight and he is great to watch. There is no safety-first with GGG.At any point in the 1950s when Papp, a brilliant southpaw, was winning world and European amateur titles, he would have probably been too slick for Golovkin over three rounds. However, I have no doubt that over 12 rounds Golovkin would win and win well. It has taken a long, long time but Golovkin is right now the best of the fighters that jumped over walls, jumped on planes and stood in America wide-eyed at the endless ambition they believed they possessed in their fists.This Saturday the mighty Kazak fights at the O2 in London in defence of his middleweight titles and it will be a pleasure to be ringside. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dsjerbbiter, gdshutter

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen