Francona into a comedian, too

in Tagebücher 22.04.2019 08:26
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

BRAINERD, Minn. -- Antron Brown and Ron Capps gave Don Schumacher Racing a sweep of the rain-delayed final rounds of the NHRA Northwest Nationals on Saturday at Brainerd International Raceway.The Top Fuel and Funny Car finals were moved to Minnesota after they were washed out two weeks ago at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington. They were run during the third round of qualifying in the Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals.Brown had a 3.747-second pass at 320.13 mph in his Top Fuel dragster to beat Steve Torrence. Brown has four victories this year and leads the season standings.All of our boys were pushing hard on that one. The track was tight and it just gobbled it up. It felt good and we got it done. Its another Wally on the shelf.In Funny Car, Capps had a 4.014 at 322.42 in a Dodge Charger R/T to outlast Del Worsham for his milestone 50th career victory and fifth of the season. He also leads the standings.My family is here, and this medal is going to my daughter, who was in Seattle, Capps said. This trophy is going back to Seattle to all the fans back in Seattle and Oregon. Its going to make its rounds, and I think they are going to be a little more rowdy out there.The Pro Stock final between Vincent Nobile and Aaron Strong will be run in two weeks in Indiana because Strong skipped the regular Brainerd event. Air Max 90 Sale Red .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Sale Youth Air Max . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. http://www.cheapairmax2018.us/ . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. Cheap Air Max Outlet . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Wholesale Black Air Max Store . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. CLEVELAND -- Trevor Bauer had hoped to pitch a bloody good game. Instead, he had trouble finding the plate and his pitch count rose rapidly.Nine days after he walked off the mound with his stitched-up right pinkie dripping blood as if in some horror flick, Bauer failed to finish the fourth inning and left the Cleveland Indians with a two-run deficit. The Chicago Cubs went on to a 5-1 victory Wednesday night behind Jake Arrieta, tying the World Series at one game apiece as it heads to Wrigley Field for the first time since 1945.I just wasnt sharp for whatever reason, Bauer said.His postseason interrupted by a sliced finger, the result of tinkering with one of the drones he enjoys flying as a hobby, Bauer never got into a flow against the Cubs. He started six of his first nine batters with balls while scattering pitches high, low and wide. Anthony Rizzos RBI double in the first and Kyle Schwarbers run-scoring single in the third -- his first hit on a 3-0 pitch -- built Chicagos 2-0 lead.They never let him settle into the game, Indians manager Terry Francona said. They didnt chase. They had a lot of deep counts.Bauer said he entered the start with his normal routine, but did throw to batters on Monday. He needed 87 pitches to get 11 outs on the 43-degree night.Tough conditions to play in, obviously, he said.A 25-year-old right-hander selected by the Arizona Diamondbacks from UCLA with the third pick in the 2011 amateur draft, Bauer is somewhat of an eccentric. He prepares for starts by making long tosses of about 300 feet between the foul poles. In an era when his colleagues are trying to refine and master two or three pitches, he throws a four-seam fastball, sinker, curveball, cutter, slider and changeup.His curve stymied him early against the Cubs.Its tough on a cold night, Bauer said. Theres no moisture in the air, really. Its slippery. Its hard to get a feel for it.ddddddddddddWent up in the cage after the second inning and threw like 20 or 30 of them and got the feel for it, and I thought I was pretty good after that.Bauer won a career-best 12 games this year, but his notoriety increased exponentially after he got hurt Oct. 14. His finger was cut by his toys propeller, a mishap that delayed his AL Championship Series outing against Toronto.Bauer had the drone at the news conference before his Game 3 start, saying, I brought my friend to answer any questions about what happened that I cant answer.Bauer lasted just two outs against the Blue Jays because the 10 stitches he received didnt hold and he began bleeding on the mound. Clevelands bullpen strung together 25 outs for the victory.The odd accident turned Francona into a comedian, too. He said Monday he reserved the right to alter the teams Series roster if we have another drone incident or anything with model airplanes or anything.Before taking the mound, Bauer tweeted a photo of a small drone and a gift card that read Go Cubs Go!I see the (at)Cubs fans love me! Bauer wrote. How nice of them to send me a gift!His offerings to Chicago were generous. Bauer threw 53 pitches for strikes, allowing two runs and six hits in a 90-minute outing that, well, droned on and on as baseball officials fretted over whether rain would arrive before the final out. Sprinkles started in the eighth, but the game went on without interruption.Francona said before the game he intended to use only three starting pitchers in the Series, bringing Game 1 winner Corey Kluber, Bauer and Game 3 starter Josh Tomlin back to face the Cubs on three days rest.I like to pitch whenever they tell me to pitch, Bauer said. Ill be ready. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen