is one of those jokes that has plenty of basis in experience.I was thin

in Tagebücher 22.04.2019 08:27
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

Okay, Mark Casse -- freshly christened member of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame, trainer of Tepin, Catch a Glimpse, and Lexie Lou, among others -- think youre hot stuff? Lets see what you can do with the enigmatic Noble Bird against Frosted on Saturday in the 89th running of the Whitney at Saratoga.Talk about bringing a butter knife to a gunfight.Of course, Casse does not think hes hot stuff, but when reached Thursday morning at Saratoga, he was still glowing from the Hall of Fame ceremonies the night before at the Mississagua Convention Centre near Woodbine. He was gracious and grateful in his acceptance speech, noting in awe the company of trainers he has joined that includes Lucien Laurin, Horatio Luro, and Roger Attfield, and his thank-yous were liberally spread among his owners, his horses, and the stable crews of his several training outposts.What Casse could not do, however, was finish his speech. With his voice cracking with emotion, he turned the podium over to his wife and racing partner, Tina Casse, and stood aside while she read his dedication to his father, the widely respected horseman Norman Casse, who died this year.With this honor, I spent a lot of time in reflection, Casse said. It seems that time is flying by now, but as you look back, as its going, sometimes its a little hard to enjoy it. As Allen Jerkens said when he was asked if everything was okay: When youre a horse trainer, everything is never okay.At 55, Casse was in his first year of eligibility for the Canadian Hall. The native of Indiana got there by winning the Woodbine training title 11 times, eight Sovereign Awards, and Canadian Horse of the Year with Sealy Hill, Uncaptured, Lexie Lou, and Catch a Glimpse. Taking Breeders Cup races last year with Catch a Glimpse and the champion Tepin didnt hurt either.Someone came up to me about a year ago and said how wonderful it must be to train all those good horses, Casse said. I just smiled and said yes. But as we all know, there is always something to worry about. Dont get me wrong, Im not complaining. And I love my life. But Ill tell you one thing: Ive grown to have a greater respect for Bob Baffert and Todd Pletcher and those kind of guys.The feeling should be mutual. Casse first penetrated the North American top 10 in earnings in 2011 and has been there since, currently rolling fourth behind Pletcher, Chad Brown, and Steven Asmussen.With his assistant and son, Norman Casse, the elder Casse rocked the racing world last spring when they sent out Robert Mastersons Tepin to beat the best milers Europe could muster in the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot. The mare has been back in steady training, looking for a path to a defense of her title in the Breeders Cup Mile.Shes been struggling a bit with Saratogas main track -- its so deep and tiring, Casse said. So, were trying to figure out how to cope with that and get her ready for whatever is next. But were dealing with it, and shell be fine.While Tepin has been as reliable as the dawn, John Oxleys Noble Bird has been a puzzlement. Making his 17th start, the 5-year-old son of Travers winner Birdstone finds himself among five entered against Frosted in the $1.25 million Whitney, at 1 1/8 miles on the main track.All Casse and his jockey, Julien Leparoux, need to do is flip the 18 lengths or so that separated Frosted and Noble Bird at the end of the Met Mile at Belmont Park on June 11. That was the day Frosted freaked, winning by an official 14-1/4 lengths in a performance so off-the-wall remarkable that it stole the show from the featured Belmont Stakes and anything else that happened in horse racing that day.Its not a matter of finding those 18 lengths in Noble Bird, Casse said. What we need is for Frosted not to go throwing a 123 Beyer at us again. If he could regress a little bit, that would be very helpful.To describe Noble Bird as inconsistent is an understatement. Casse thought he had a classic colt on his hands when Noble Bird was a 3-year-old, but he did not win a maiden race until August of that year in his fifth start. At 4, he defeated Lea and Hoppertunity in the Stephen Foster Handicap, and this year he won the Pimlico Special by 11-1/4 lengths. In between, though, there were sprinkled grim efforts that baffled both Casse and his jockeys.Hes the toughest horse to ride Ive ever trained, Casse said. He can make good riders look bad. He breaks a little slow, and then he wants to run off. But if you take too much of a hold, hell stick his head straight up in the air, and the rider will fall back on the saddle.But he is a Grade 1 winner, Casse added, and he loves Saratoga. Hell work as good as a horse can work over that surface. So, if he brings his A game, hell run really well. If he doesnt, it doesnt matter where you run him. It doesnt make sense, so you might as well run for a lot of money. Nike NBA Jerseys Autographed . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round. Nike NBA Jerseys From China . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. http://www.cheapnbajerseyssigned.com/ . JOHNS, N. Signed Nike NBA Jerseys .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Authentic Nike NBA Gear . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. As a full moon began to set over the Del Mar stables Thursday morning, a superhero in a horse suit was trying to ignore the golden Labrador nosing around his stall.Jasper, knock that off or Chromell nail you, chided Alan Sherman, Jaspers owner.It wasnt exactly a scene from Town & Country, but it was business as usual in the Art and Alan Sherman shed row, where the sober routine of preparing the richest Thoroughbred in the history of North American racing for a return to competition is tempered by the grateful joy of being so close to such a remarkable creature for so long.Hes been good here, said Art Sherman, Alans dad, as he headed for the track to train another horse in the barn. Eating good, acting good. Handles the track fine. What could go wrong?At this, Sherman let fly one of his cackling laughs, knowing full well that things go wrong in racing all the time, and only a diligent attention to detail can at least reduce the chances. For all his accomplishments, California Chrome is still an equine athlete whose value, at least for now, is based upon running faster than the horses arrayed against him.To that end, his return Saturday in the $200,000 San Diego Handicap will provide a solid test of his status four months removed from his glorious victory in the $10 million Dubai World Cup. The fact that California Chrome did it with his saddle slipping steadily back to his haunches as the race progressed was only one of the many remarkable stories from that memorable desert night.Ill tell you one thing, Sherman said, were not using that new English chamois we used over there again. I thought it wouldnt make any difference, and, boy, was I wrong.Its the little things that count, but it is a very big thing California Chrome will be facing Saturday when his main opposition in the San Diego comes from Dortmund, the towering winner of the 2015 Santa Anita Derby who is making his first start since winning the Native Diver Handicap at Del Mar eight months ago.I figure hell go to the lead like he does, Sherman said of Dortmund. After that, Im hoping he needs the race.The San Diego Handicap has been around forever, which in the case of Del Mar means since 1937, and for all but eight of its 73 runnings, it has been a 1-1/16-mile main-track event.Native Diver himself won the San Diego three straight years, 1963-65, and ended up in the Hall of Fame. Bates Motel won the San Diego on his way to an Eclipse Award. Skywalker took the race in 1986, then later added the Breeders Cup Classic.More recently, the San Diego has been won by Dubai World Cup winner Well Armed, Breeders Cup Dirt Mile winner Dakota Phone, Godolphin Mile winner Grey Memo, and Kentucky Derby winner Giacomo.ddddddddddddSo much for history. What counts on Saturday is that California Chrome brings the same vibrant energy to the San Diego that he displayed in his Dubai campaign earlier this year. If the last few mornings at Del Mar are any indication, he should be a handful.Let him go, cried exercise rider Dihigi Gladney to the pony boy as California Chrome went up on his back legs and bounded out of a saddling stall in the Del Mar paddock.The muscles around Shermans heart tightened slightly as he watched Gladney slip free of Chromes gray pony and trot around the ring. The red stallion calmed to a walk and immediately dropped one of his trademark erections, which was enough to let his people know all was well.He doesnt do that back home at Los Alamitos, Sherman said. But here hes got new sights and sounds, a different kind of atmosphere. Gets him a little stirred up.Once on the track for his gallop, California Chrome was all class. He put in a smooth mile and a half and then walked easily to the training gate at the back of the seven-furlong chute.Thats just the way he is, Sherman said. I am a little concerned, though, what he might do running against that mare.That mare, of course, is Beholder, who looms on California Chromes horizon for the $1 million Pacific Classic on Aug. 20. Her trainer, Richard Mandella, was in the paddock with his own horses Thursday morning when California Chrome put on his show. The idea of a robust female horse distracting a virile stallion from the focus it takes to win a million-dollar race is one of those jokes that has plenty of basis in experience.I was thinking about sending Beholder to the gate with him this morning, Mandella deadpanned. But theres not enough money on the line.Once the San Diego in the books and Beholder has dealt with the Clement L. Hirsch Stakes on July 30, the excitement for their Pacific Classic showdown will begin to boil.The respective camps are already getting into the spirit. Owner B. Wayne Hughes, who normally keeps his cards close, let loose with a mischievous Chrome who? line when asked about the pending showdown with Beholder, the apple of his eye. Perry Martin, California Chromes majority owner, countered with a respectful nod to the three-time champion mare but then warned with a wink, When Chrome goes by her, shell go from Beholder to bewildered.Is this going to be a fun summer or what? ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4296 Themen und 5084 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen