and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning st

in Plichtchallenges 26.04.2019 08:04
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

LONDON -- An ultra-marathon runner has been reunited with the stray dog that accompanied him through part of a grueling desert race in China and then went missing.Dion Leonard says the stray befriended him as he took part in the 250-kilometer (155-mile) Gobi March race, part of the 4 Deserts race series. The dog followed him for much of the race. He vowed to take the dog, named Gobi, home to the U.K.Leonard, who lives in Scotland, says the dog was preparing to go into quarantine in China before traveling to the U.K. when she disappeared. Having learned that she ran away, he returned to China to find Gobi with the help of a crowdfunding appeal, using posters and the power of social media to track her down.On Tuesday night, I received a phone call around 9 p.m. at night saying, `Weve got Gobi. We think it is her. It looks like her in the posters, come round and have a look, he told the BBC. Thankfully we went over and as soon as I walked into the lounge she came running across the room and into my arms.She was so excited to see me, he said. I knew it was her straight away.Gobi joined Leonard on the second day of the six-stage, seven-day race, and also ran along on her short stubby legs for days three and six.She ran 77 miles during those three stages, she slept with me during the evenings. And we just formed this bond that couldnt be broken during the race, he said. I knew as soon as the race had finished -- and even during it-- that I had to make an effort to try and get her back to the U.K. somehow.He now hopes the dog will join him in Scotland before Christmas. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Authentic Soccer Jerseys Cheap . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. http://www.cheapfootballjerseyschina.com/ . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Discount Football Jerseys Online . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday.SAITAMA, Japan - Keisuke Honda made sure Japan became the first team to qualify for the 2014 World Cup by calmly converting a stoppage-time penalty Tuesday to secure a 1-1 draw against Australia. Tommy Oar had given Australia a 1-0 lead in the 82nd minute with a lob over Japan goalkeeper Eiji Kawasahima but a handball by Matthew McKay in the last minute of regulation set up the penalty for Honda, who beat Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer with a left-footed shot into the top of the net. Japan needed at least a point to clinch a spot in next years World Cup in Brazil from Group B in Asian qualifying. "I have achieved one of the goals I was hired for," Japan coach Alberto Zaccheroni said. "But just qualifying is not enough. We have a very strong commitment to playing well so we will aim even higher in Brazil." Honda had missed Japans last two matches — both defeats — but was his teams best player on Tuesday, even before the goal that saved Japan having to wait for the result of a later match between Oman and Iraq to see if it would qualify. "Honda is a special player," Zaccheroni said. "He has two important qualities: hes strong physically and hes strong mentally. That was his first full 90-minute game since November and he was spectacular." Both teams had great scoring chances in the first half, but Schwarzer got his right hand up to block Shinji Kagawas shot from close range. Later, Brett Holman fed a througgh ball to Robbie Kruse who fired a right-footed shot that Kawashima knocked down with an outstretched arm.dddddddddddd Japan, eager to secure qualification at home, started the second half strong with Kagawa grazing the crossbar with an angled shot in the 59th minute. Just when the match looked set to finish in a goalless draw, Oar silenced the crowd of 62,172 when he beat a Japanese defender on the wing and sent a lob toward the net that dipped inside the bar and past the flailing arm of Kawashima. Schwarzer then stopped Yuto Nagatomos shot from close range in the 80th minute before Oar put the visitors ahead minutes later. Australia, bidding for a third straight World Cup appearance, is second in Group B with seven points with two matches remaining. The first two spots earn automatic berths in Brazil. "We probably just deserved to get the three points," captain Lucas Neill said. "Its a bitter pill to swallow to concede a penalty at the death. We knew this is a fantastic team were playing against, a very tough place to come and get points. We would have been delighted to get three, but it sets us up nicely now with one." Australias next two matches are both at home against Jordan in Melbourne on June 11 and Iraq on June 18 in Sydney. "I think everybody is a little bit disappointed but Im sure in the next few days, once we all calm down, well see the positives from the game and take it into next week," Oar said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen