But it also means were going to make

in Tipps und Tricks 29.04.2019 11:03
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier is having an historic season individually, but his accomplishments are getting overshadowed by his teams lack of success.In the first game of a Thursday doubleheader between Minnesota and the Detroit Tigers, Dozier set an American League record for most home runs by a second baseman. His first-inning homer was his 42nd home run of the year and 40th as a second baseman.Dozier extended his hitting streak to 24 games in the early contest, tying him for the third-longest streak in Twins history. He also scored his 100th run, the third year in a row he reached that milestone.Those accomplishments occurred in a 9-2 loss, and he went 0-for-4 to see his streak end during a 4-2 defeat in the nightcap.The Twins slipped to a major-league-worst 55-98 as they close in on their first 100-loss season since 1982.Its unfortunate for him that he hasnt been able to celebrate a lot of those home runs with the losses, said Twins manager Paul Molitor.As a team, the Twins dont have much to play for in the final stretch of the season -- other than possibly spoiling other teams playoff hopes. That didnt happen this week against Detroit as the Tigers swept the three-game series against the Twins. Detroit (82-72) grabbed a half-game lead in the race for the second AL wild-card spot.Now the Twins host another team in the wild-card hunt. The Seattle Mariners (80-72) come to Target Field for a three-game series this weekend, and they reside two games back of the final playoff spot.However, between the Tigers and the Tigers are two other teams. The Baltimore Orioles (82-71) are a half-game out, and the Houston Astros (81-72) are 1 1/2 games back.Were not dead, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. We need help. And we need to play good ball in Minnesota. Thats a team I dont take lightly. They handed us our lunch here (in Seattle) earlier in the year. Theyve got a lot of young players that play loose and free, and thats how weve got to play.Mariners center fielder Leonys Martin told MLB.com, We go to the road now, and we play good on the road. We just have to keep fighting and keep believing. Weve got a chance. All September has been like the playoffs for us. Well just keep playing and believing. Thats the only way were going to make it.For a Twins roster laden with lots of young and inexperienced players, facing yet another team playing for its playoff life could serve as a teaching moment.Through all this, you try to find ways to be optimistic and find something to grab a hold of and observe each and every game, especially with the youth that we have, Dozier said. This time of year, you can see it, especially the veterans. They do the little things right 100 percent of the time in order to win games. I hope (the youngsters are) observing this, a lot of people in here.The series begins Friday with Mariners left-hander James Paxton (4-7, 3.88 ERA) opposing Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson (6-10, 5.10 ERA).Paxton has just one win in his past eight starts, but he owns a respectable 3.51 ERA in that span. His lone career appearance against the Twins came last year, when he gave up one run in 4 2/3 innings.Gibson owns just one victory in his past six starts, compiling a 5.66 ERA in that stretch. In his career, he is 2-1 with a 2.81 ERA in five starts against the Mariners. Air Max Plus Cheap Sale . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. Air Max Plus Canada Sale . LUCIE, Fla. http://www.airmaxpluscanada.com/ . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. Air Max Plus Canada Online . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. Air Max Plus Canada .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Wayne Gretzky applauded the use of centralized concussion spotters as part of the NHLs effort to better protect players.When I played -- one of my kids asked me if I ever got a concussion -- I can honestly tell you I dont even know, said Gretzky, who was representing the Edmonton Oilers as a partner and vice-chairman. Because in those days theyd say, `Take two aspirin tonight, tomorrow youre going to skate for an hour and were going to sweat it out of you. Thats what we did.Gretzky spoke Friday as league owners and its Board of Governors wrapped up two days of meetings. It was his first board meeting since leaving the Arizona Coyotes in 2009.The NHL this season began using concussion spotters located at a central location, watching on television, to help decide if a player should be pulled out of a game for a potential head injury. The league has not released details or results from the first two months of the season, though players have generally supported the move even as a class-action lawsuit is pending against the league over its handling of injured players.We have so much more knowledge now from the doctor side of thing, from the trainers, from the players themselves and yet theres so much more to learn about it, Gretzky said. Is everybody perfectly happy when the best player gets pulled off? No. But its protocol, thats what the rules are and youve got to live with it.Oilers star Connor McDavid recently took issue with being pulled off the ice after he tripped over Minnesota Wild forward Jared Spurgeons stick and hit his chin on the ice. He reached up and grabbed his chin and that reaction was enough for the NHLs concussion spotter to call for him to be taken off.ddddddddddddNHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said the spotter protocol has been discussed by the board and will be again in the next couple of months.The reason you have the spotter program is exactly for the instances that people are talking about, because players typically, and you go back through the history of this, dont want to come out of a game, Bettman said. We think being cautious, having protocols and enforcing them is the best way to ensure it. Does that mean some players are going to get pulled who didnt have concussions? Sure. But it also means were going to make sure the players who need to be off the ice are off the ice.Bettman also said there was nothing new to report on whether NHL players will participate in the 2018 Olympics in South Korea, one day after saying owners are negative about going because of concerns about expenses.I think after doing five of these, I dont know, fatigue might be a word (to describe it), Bettman said of the owners reaction.For his part, Gretzky said he hoped the league ultimately chose to attend.Im a big believer in the Olympic Games, said Gretzky, who played in the 1998 Games and built the team that won gold. I happen to love everything about the Olympic Games.Game notes Mark Chipman of the Winnipeg Jets and Geoff Molson of the Montreal Canadiens were voted to the NHLs executive committee, replacing the late Ed Snider of the Philadelphia Flyers and Peter Karmanos of the Carolina Hurricanes. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen