last year, we gave up 77 points a game and we can

in Freiwillige Challenges 28.05.2019 08:41
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalos youth movement continued on Monday when the Bills released longtime kicker Rian Lindell. Lindell, the most accurate kicker in franchise history, was let go after 10 years in Buffalo. His release means that rookie Dustin Hopkins has won the teams kicking competition. "Its always tough when you have to release a player like Rian Lindell," coach Doug Marrone said. "A true professional thats obviously been with the organization for quite some time. And I have a lot of respect for him." Lindell leaves Buffalo with a field goal percentage of 83.3. He connected on 225 of 270 field-goal attempts here. Lindells status with the Bills had been in question the past two years. Buffalo has drafted kickers in each of the past two drafts, Hopkins and John Potter. Hopkins, 22, had significantly more power on his kicks throughout training camp than Lindell, 36, who relied more on his accuracy and consistency from shorter distances. And Marrone felt that Hopkins took control of the competition as camp progressed. "I think in the past 10 days Dustin has performed better," he said, "so we made a decision to go with Dustin." Lindell was the longest-tenured Bill prior to his release. He joined the team as a free agent in 2003 after spending his first three seasons with the Seattle Seahawks. He had a slow start to his Bills career, converting 17 of 24 field goal attempts his first year. But he recovered, and his name is at or near the top of most Bills kicking records, as a result. He holds a franchise record for consecutive PATs (225) and is second in teams scoring with 980 points. A sixth-round pick out of Florida State, Hopkins had mixed emotions on the release. "I find myself kind of in a paradox," Hopkins said. "This is something Ive worked my whole life for ... but at the same time, its kind of the bad part of pro sports, parting with a guy that Ive got a lot of respect for and have admired watching for a long time, and has meant so much to the community." One of Lindells first actions after being released was to congratulate his competitor and former teammate. "The first guy that I heard from today before I heard anything was Rian just saying he was wishing me luck and he wanted the best for me and he was happy for me," Hopkins said. "I think thats just an accurate representation of the kind of guy he is, just not bitter or anything like that but genuinely happy for a guy that hes only known a few weeks." Hopkins has impressed with his leg strength ever since joining the Bills, but he has battled consistency issues. In the preseason, he has connected on all four field-goal attempts, and has three touchbacks on seven tries. "Ive felt a lot more comfortable here recently just with the tempo and getting used to practices and games," Hopkins said. "For the most part, my mechanics are good. Im breaking down film and making sure Im documenting why I feel like Im feeling better and being successful. And I think thats all just part of trying to be a pro." ---- NOTES: Receiver Stevie Johnson said after practice that he will return to game action this Saturday against the Washington Redskins. Johnson, battling a left hamstring injury, had extensive work on the practice field Monday. After practice, Johnson said he was anxious to test the leg against another team but cautioned that he is not yet back to 100 per cent. "Ill be out there on Saturday just to see how everything feels as far as game speed," Johnson said. "It actually is not healed yet. Its a work in progress." ... The Bills are 2-0 this preseason and have allowed just 36 points. Swell Water Bottle Cheap . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Swell Bottles Sale . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. http://www.swellwaterbottlesale.com/Swell-Traveler-Bottle-Sale/ . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. sWell Marble Water Bottle . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. sWell Traveler Sale . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Even though four starters are back, this will be a new-look New Mexico team since the coachs son has left the program to finish his career at Ole Miss.An often tumultuous relationship between point guard Cullen Neal and the fans in the town where he grew up led to his departure and leaves the Lobos minus one returning starter.Cullen doesnt play for me, coach Craig Neal said in responding to a question about his son. You have to go to Ole Miss press conferences.Still, his absence will have an impact.Any time you lose somebody who was going to be your fifth starter, its different. It affects you, coach Neal said.But with a solid nucleus of returning players, the Lobos seek to return to the postseason after a disappointing two-year absence.Leading the way for New Mexico will be a pair of first-team all-Mountain West players in guard Elijah Brown, who led the conference in scoring at 21.7, and power forward Tim Williams, who averaged 16.8.Its led to optimism that the Lobos will be back to challenge for the conference crown again.We had some really high moments and we had some really low moments, Neal said. Now were looking for more consistency. Im really excited because these guys are a year older. I think were on an uptick. The program is on an uptick from where we thought it was going to be.Here are some things to consider as the Lobos chase San Diego State for Mountain West supremacy:WHATS THE POINT: Cullen Neals departure -- he can play right away and will have two seasons of eligibility as a graduate transfer -- leaves a gaping hole at point guard. But coach Neal is convinced returning sophomore Jordan Hunter and incoming freshman Jalen Harris will be effective.Hopefully, well figure it out real soon, Neal said. It wont take very long to figure out whos going to be that fifth guy. I think Jordan and Jalen Harris will be able to do a good job.EXPERIENCED HANDS: Guard Sam Logwood and rail-thin 7-footer Obij Aget are the other returning starters, while six other Lobos also saw minutes last sseason, led by versatile Xavier Adams, who saw time at forward, off guard and shooting guard.ddddddddddddere excited about where we are as a team, Neal said. Were excited about our depth athletically. I like out athletic ability. I think we have some frontcourt depth this year that we didnt have. I think we can play Xavier Adams at a couple of different positions with his energy and glue and making different little plays.NEWCOMER NUANCES: Of the players new to the Lobos, Arizona State transfer Connor MacDougall is gathering the most attention. A 6-foot-9 redshirt sophomore, MacDougall played in six games for the Sun Devils before deciding to move on.I wish we had him last year, Neal said. He does a lot of good things. He can rebound it. Hes active. Hes big, hes strong. He can score the ball. Hes got great hands. He gives us another guy we can go to on the block.WHERES THE D: The Lobos under Neal and former coach Steve Alford were always defense-oriented. Last year, New Mexicos defense suffered, allowing more than 73 points a game, and it got even worse as the Lobos played out the string.We have to get better on the defensive end, Neal said. The last six games last year, we gave up 77 points a game and we cant turn the ball over like we did last year.BROWN HAMSTRUNG: For the Lobos to have any real chance of getting back into the Mountain West upper echelon, Brown has to be at the top of his game. But he has been sitting out of practice as he recuperates from a hamstring problem that arose at the end of last season. On the pre-season Jerry West Award watch list, Brown is a capable outside shooter who can also drive the lane. But not when hes hindered.Its concerning because its still bothering him, Neal said. Were trying to get him as well as we can and get him 100 percent. Im not going to put him out there at 80 or 85 with a chance of him getting hurt again. Its a lingering situation. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4293 Themen und 5081 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen