ook about 80 snaps in the workouts against the Be

in Fotos 31.05.2019 10:37
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Vince Velasquez just needed a few pitches to get going.Cameron Rupp hit a three-run homer, Velasquez threw six effective innings and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Kansas City Royals 7-2 Sunday.Cody Asche and Maikel Franco also went deep to help the Phillies win two of three against the defending World Series champions.Velasquez (7-2) allowed two runs and five hits, striking out seven in his second start since returning from the disabled list. It appeared Velasquez was hurt in the first inning when manager Pete Mackanin and a trainer visited the mound after he threw just five pitches. But Velasquez stayed in, his velocity increased and he threw 96 pitches.It took me a little bit longer to warm up, Velasquez said. Just dragging a little bit. Everyone has dead arm at some point. You have to pitch through it and utilize all your pitches.Mackanin went out to see Velasquez because his hardest pitch was only 90 mph among the first five. Velasquez was removed from the game after throwing only two pitches on June 8 and missed almost three weeks because of a strained right biceps.We thought: `Oh-no, not again. But He assured us he was fine, Mackanin said. He didnt have his above-average velocity, but he made his secondary pitches.Royals starter Yordano Ventura (6-6) exited in the third inning after spraining his right ankle running the bases following his second career hit. Ventura lined a single to right but got hurt running to second on Alex Gordons double-play grounder.Ventura went out to the mound in the bottom half and left after Asche hit a shot into the second deck in right field with two outs.It feels better now, Ventura said through an interpreter. Itll be a couple days before we know.Rupp gave the Phillies a 3-0 lead in the first when he hit a 1-2 pitch the opposite way into the right-field seats for his eighth homer.It was 98 mph so he supplied the power, Rupp said. He left the pitch up and over the plate.Gordons two-run homer off Velasquez cut it to 4-2 in the fifth. Maikel Francos infield single drove in a run in the bottom half. He hit a solo homer off Brian Flynn in the eighth.Nice to see homers from the middle of the lineup, Mackanin said. All of our runs came with two outs and thats encouraging.STANDINGSThe Royals fell to 43-38 with their 13th loss in their last 18 road games. The Phillies (37-46) have won five of six.EVERYBODY HITSEach of Philadelphias starters except Velasquez had a hit. It only takes one or two guys to get going, Mackanin said. I always thought were a better hitting team than we showed.HOME COOKINGThe Phillies won their first series in Philadelphia since May 16-18.STREAKINGRoyals SS Alcides Escobar hit a single in the ninth to extend his hitting streak to 14 games. ... Phillies OF Peter Bourjos extended his hitting streak to 12 games. Hes 21 for 47 in those games, raising his average to .268 from .217. ... Kansas Citys Kendrys Morales was 0 for 3 with a walk and two strikeouts, ending his eight-game hitting streak.UP NEXTRoyals: RHP Edinson Volquez (7-7, 4.60 ERA) pitches the opener of a three-game series at Toronto. RHP Aaron Sanchez (8-1, 3.08) goes for the Blue Jays.Phillies: RHP Jerad Eickhoff (5-9, 3.38) starts the opener of a three-game series against Atlanta. RHP Joel De La Cruz (0-1, 4.50) pitches for the Braves. Cheap Nike Dunks For Sale .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Nike Dunk Sb Cheap . LOUIS -- St. http://www.nikedunkscheap.com/nike-dunk-sb-shoes/low.html . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Cheap Nike Dunks . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Nike Sb Dunk High Sale . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is on track to play this weekend in the first game at the teams new stadium.Of course, was Bridgewaters answer, with a big smile, when asked if hes expecting to take the field on Sunday for the opener at U.S. Bank Stadium.The minor shoulder injury, reported by ESPN.com as the reason Bridgewater sat out as a surprise scratch last week at Seattle, has abated enough for him to resume throwing in practice. He was eased back in Tuesday and started heaving long passes again Wednesday.I feel good. I feel very good, Bridgewater said, staying otherwise coy about his status as coach Mike Zimmer has instructed him.Zimmer said he thought Bridgewater threw the ball well in practice Wednesday. The Vikings host San Diego this weekend, and the third exhibition contest is typically when the starters play the longest in the preseason. They dont usually get much time, if any, in the fourth game. Neither Bridgewater nor the Vikings expressed any concern about the third-year player getting in enough preseason work.Honestly, when you factor in all the meetings, practices, the joint practices with Cincinnati, then the preseason games, I think Ive been able to get some good things done, Bridgewater saidd.dddddddddddd Every time I go out there, whether its in the meeting room, practice field or in a game, Im taking something away from it.Offensive coordinator Norv Turner agreed. He estimated Bridgewater took about 80 snaps in the workouts against the Bengals.And he didnt get hit once. So theres great value in doing that, Turner said.Left tackle Matt Kalil and cornerback Xavier Rhodes didnt practice Wednesday, two key players unlikely to play against the Chargers. T.J. Clemmings took Kalils place with the first team, and Joe Berger was at center instead of John Sullivan. The two veterans have shared time there throughout training camp, though Bergers versatility has made Sullivan the favorite to be the starter.Brandon Fuscos return to right guard, after missing a few days of practice because of an undisclosed injury, has been going relatively smoothly. He struggled at left guard last season.I think hes been doing a good job, Zimmer said. Id still like to get him in this week and see some of the things we can do.---Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4296 Themen und 5084 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen