showed what were all about out there.Tha

in Ideen? 04.06.2019 08:50
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke isnt just losing games these days. Its also losing captains.The Blue Devils named four captains before the season and three of them are out with season-ending injuries. That leaves defensive tackle A.J. Wolf as the only one of those leaders healthy enough to play this week against No. 23 Virginia Tech.Being the last captain standing is definitely not a good feeling, Wolf said Tuesday, but Im going to do my best to hold the torch and keep on going strong for the team.Coach David Cutcliffe said none of the teams in his three-plus-decade coaching career have ever dealt with this many losses to a corps of captains.Ive also never been around resilient young people like this 2016 team, he added. Our leadership is strong, our spirits are strong, and therefore were going to continue to work.And while it might make for a more lonely experience at the pre-game coin toss -- Im a heads guy, Wolf quipped -- and has led to questions about whether the captaincy is cursed, it also underscores why Duke (3-5, 0-4 Atlantic Coast Conference) is in jeopardy of missing the postseason for the first time since 2011.The Blue Devils lost three of four in October to fall into last place in the Coastal Division, and are the only ACC team without a win in league play. It certainly wont be easy to find that victory against the division leading Hokies (6-2, 4-1), who have won two straight to claim the inside track to a berth in the ACC championship game.I dont think anybodys very far ahead of anybody else in this division, Tech coach Justin Fuente said.But the Blue Devils arent just missing leaders. Theyre also missing some of their best players.The preseason selections of quarterback Thomas Sirk, defensive back DeVon Edwards, running back Jela Duncan and Wolf seemed obvious because of their contributions both in leadership roles and on the field.Sirk, who was third in the ACC in total offense last season and led the team in rushing, was the first to go down. He first tore his left Achilles tendon in February, then reinjured it during the preseason . Edwards, whose six career kickoff returns for touchdowns rank third in NCAA Division I history, tore ligaments in his left knee during a win at Notre Dame in September. And Duncan, the teams leading rusher this season, ruptured an Achilles tendon during last weeks loss at Georgia Tech .Its a bummer when you lose not just good leaders but good players, Wolf said. Theyre definitely talented guys, but with that being said, I think it gives opportunities for some other guys to step in.Theyre still leaning on those injured captains for their advice, with Cutcliffe saying Duncan was dispensing advice in the training room earlier Tuesday.These are guys that could just check out, Cutcliffe said. But they dont.The Blue Devils also are looking for more leadership -- and production -- from the players who can play. Some apparent candidates include sophomore linebacker Ben Humphreys, the teams leading tackler, and defensive backs Corbin McCarthy and Breon Borders.Guys dont have to be honorary captains to step up, Wolf said. You can step up in practice, even if youre a young guy. Motivate guys and just make plays out there. So I think some guys are doing that.---AP Sports Writer Hank Kurz Jr. in Blacksburg, Virginia, contributed to this report.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/joedy-mccreary---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org sWell Bottle Wood Australia Stockists . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Cheap Swell Bottles . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. http://www.swellbottleaustralia.com/ . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Swell Water Bottle Australia . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Swell Drink Bottles Australia . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. The Blue Jays have replaced pitcher Francisco Liriano?on their postseason roster for at least one week -- a day after the lefty suffered a concussion in Torontos 5-3 victory over the Texas Rangers in Game 2 of the American League Division Series.Major League Baseball approved the roster substitution Saturday, allowing the team to replace Liriano with right-handed pitcher Danny Barnes.Liriano was hit in the neck by Rangers outfielder?Carlos Gomezs line-drive single in the eight inning of Fridays game. The ball ricocheted from just below Lirianos head into center field, allowing for a run to score.Liriano, 32, stayed on his feet and walked around the infield briefly before his teammates, a trainer and manager John Gibbons came out to check on him. He stayed briefly in the dugout, where he got a drink of water, before going to the trainers room.According to league rules, a team can request a roster substitution if a player is unable to play due to an injury. ?Liriano will be eligible to return during any postseason series, provided that he has been ineligible to play for a minimum of seven days (beginning Saturday) and gets medical approval from MLB.Team trainer George Poulis said Liriano felt good after tests Saturday.Were going to examine him each day and just go from there, Poulis said.Game 3 is Sunday at Toronto.Wearing a neck brace and lying on a stretcher, he was taken to the hospital for an examination after the game. Liriano flew back with the team to Toronto later Friday evening.The batted ball was measured at a speed of 102 mph, and Gomez winced as he headed to first.Liriano and Gomez were teammates in Minnesota and remain good friends. Gomez said he spoke to Liriano on the phone Friday night and was relieved to hear his friend was not seriously hurt.I slept better kknowing he didnt have any problems, Gomez said, adding that he and Liriano had discussed going for dinner together on Saturday night.ddddddddddddo, did Gomez plan on picking up the check after nailing his pal in the head?Were both rich, so it doesnt matter, he joked.The team plane stayed on the tarmac for one hour so that Liriano could fly with his teammates.It was one of the few times everybody was happy to wait before taking off, Blue Jays infielder Darwin Barney said. Usually you want to get out of there as fast as you can. When we found out he was coming, we were all happy to wait. Hes a competitor. He took that ball of the head and didnt even flinch. Obviously it might have rattled him a little bit but, man, he kind of showed what were all about out there.That was scary, said starter J.A. Happ, who in 2013 was hit by a line drive that fractured his skull behind his left ear but did not cause a concussion. It healed on its own.I dont know exactly whats going on but Im thinking about him a lot. Hes gone from here now so Im hoping for the best for the results, but yeah, that was scary, Happ said.Rangers manager Jeff Banister was bench coach in Pittsburgh when Liriano pitched for the Pirates. Banister called Fridays incident extremely scary.At any point in time, but even now, razor-thin situation of being tragic in my opinion, Banister said.Roberto Osuna replaced Liriano and helped seal the victory for the Blue Jays.That could happen to any one of us, Osuna said. I feel bad for him but I know hes going to be all right.?Toronto has a 2-0 series lead over Texas.ESPNs Jim Caple and Marly Rivera, and The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4293 Themen und 5081 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen