2015/16 League Cup. Its important, emotional for me, my family, to be in th

in Maße 17.06.2019 10:23
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

FRESNO, Calif. -- Gripping tiny slices of sheer rock and hoisting himself up 3,000 feet with only his strength, Adam Ondra quietly inched his way up one of the worlds most challenging rock walls and into the record books, a spokesman for the climber said Tuesday.Ondra, a 23-year-old from the Czech Republic, took eight days to finish the free-climb up the Dawn Wall of the famed El Capitan in Californias Yosemite National Park.He completed the second-ever free assent of the wall Monday, said John Dicuollo, a spokesman for Black Diamond Equipment, which sponsors Ondra.Nearly two years ago, U.S. climbers Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson were first to chart and conquer the route, a feat that took the pair 19 days.Its like being a proud parent, in a way, Jorgeson said Tuesday, honored that Ondra was drawn to the challenge. Thats the point: To raise the bar so someone else can do the same thing and stand on our shoulders.Unlike climbers who need more elaborate equipment, free-climbers use their strength and ability to grasp tiny cracks and lips on the granite rock with their fingertips and toes. They use ropes and harnesses only for safety to catch a fall.Throughout the climb, Ondra took to social media to post about the cold, soaking rain and the pain from the granite wearing down the skin on his fingers. He also celebrated victories.Hard to find the words to describe how I feel, he wrote on Instagram as he neared the top. We made it up to the Wino Tower and no more hard pitches guard my way to the top. I could not have asked for a better day.Ondra, pictured in jeans and a T-shirt pumping his arms after completing a difficult stretch of the climb, was not available for comment. Dicuollo said Ondras cellphone was off as he celebrated by resting.Ondra completed the climb in his first visit to Yosemite Valley. He arrived in mid-October, spending several days practicing some of the walls most harrowing sections, before launching the formal climb on Nov. 14.To rest, Ondra and his team pitched tents suspended on the walls sheer face towering hundreds of feet above Yosemite Valley. The park -- famous for its grand views, giant sequoias and pristine meadows -- is known for attracting daredevil adventurers from around the globe.Ondra had already distinguished himself as the first to hold two world championships in climbing, his sponsors said. Earlier this year, he also completed his university degree in business management.He closely monitored Caldwell and Jorgesons accomplishment in early 2015, drawing on inspiration from their climb to attempt his own, his sponsor said.Yosemite climber and historian Ken Yager said there is no doubt that Ondra is the strongest climber alive today. Yager, however, credits Caldwell for taking years to chart the path up the Dawn Wall, the most difficult of several routes that climbers can take up El Capitan.Hopefully, Adam, with his skills, will come back and pioneer his own route, Yager said. He can push it to his own level. Hes got the skills to. Its whether he has the desire, too. Custom Jacques Plante Jersey . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. http://www.customcanadiensjersey.com/ . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. Authentic Custom Canadiens Jersey . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Custom Canadiens T-shirts . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked.Manuel Pellegrini paid tribute to Willy Caballero after the Man City goalkeeper saved three penalties to help his side win the Capital One Cup at Wembley on Sunday. Citys No 2 saved spot-kicks from Liverpools Lucas Leiva, Philippe Coutinho and Adam Lallana after the final ended 1-1 after extra time to help Pellegrini win his third major trophy as Man City manager, and his second League Cup.Caballero also made a number of important stops in normal time, including a point-blank save from substitute Divock Origi, while Raheem Sterling missed the chance to put City two goals ahead before Coutinhos equaliser. Willy Caballero saves Philippe Coutinhos penalty in the Capital One Cup final There were calls for regular No 1 Joe Hart to return to the City side for the final, but Pellegrini said he always trusted Caballero, who had regularly featured in domestic cup competitions.We deserved to win the game, and we missed too many goals the City manager told Sky Sports. We played better than Liverpool but I think if you tell me which way I prefer to win, I prefer to win this way.I prefer to lose a title than to lose my word, so Willy Caballero played tonight. I know some media were ready to criticise me if Willy made a mistake but I trust him so I am very happy to win the title for the players, the club, the fans and staff and for Willy, because he deserves it. An emotional Willy Caballero was the hero for Pellegrinis men I was concerned about the amount of goals that we missed. I dont remember one save during the 90 minutes from Willy, and after all they draw in the last eight minutes.It wasnt easy for me to make changes because we have players coming back from injury, but we finished playing better. It is a very important moment for City, we played very well. To win a title at Wembley is always very special. Manchester Citys Vincent Kompany lifts the Capital One Cup at Wembley Stadium Pellegrini, who will be replaced at the end of the season by Pep Guardiola, can still end his time in charge with two more trophies, and said his focus turns to the Premier League and Champions League.We are working very hard, and we are in the middle of the season, he added. Its important for the team to continue fighting for the other titles. Lucas Leivas penalty was saved by Willy Caballero in the shoot-oout I am not thinking about leaving, I am thinking about the next game which is against Liverpool.dddddddddddd We need to keep fighting in the Premier League, we are nine points behind but we will keep going.I made a difficult decision in the FA Cup, but this title and what we did in the Champions League supports my decision.Cup final hero Caballero added: Its amazing, to win this cup, for me its amazing. It was a hard week for me but we had a talk that we could do it. It is fantastic for the blue people. Sergio Aguero heaped praise on his compatriot Willy Caballero as his penalty shoot-out heroics won Man City the 2015/16 League Cup. Its important, emotional for me, my family, to be in this great team. It is a first trophy for me and for my family in Argentina.On his saves, he added: I tried to see all the penalties last night, but my intuition got me through.Captain Vincent Kompany said: Its not the best way (to win), its the most unfair way.There was so much emotion in this final, we were having so many chances and missing so many. We left everything out on the pitch. Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany lifts the trophy after his sides Capital One Cup final win over Liverpool. We have got experience, we looked around ourselves, we found a moment of peace and calm and kept doing what we were doing. They were playing well but we were creating chances. Manchester Citys Vincent Kompany lifts the Capital One Cup at Wembley Stadium Also See: Capital One Cup final recap City win Cup on penalties Title rivals live on Sky Sports Get a free £10 bet ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4290 Themen und 5078 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
Jayae86

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen