season off Antonio Bastardo for a 4-2 lead.Jonathan Broxton (

in Maße 17.06.2019 10:23
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

FRESNO, Calif. -- Gripping tiny slices of sheer rock and hoisting himself up 3,000 feet with only his strength, Adam Ondra quietly inched his way up one of the worlds most challenging rock walls and into the record books, a spokesman for the climber said Tuesday.Ondra, a 23-year-old from the Czech Republic, took eight days to finish the free-climb up the Dawn Wall of the famed El Capitan in Californias Yosemite National Park.He completed the second-ever free assent of the wall Monday, said John Dicuollo, a spokesman for Black Diamond Equipment, which sponsors Ondra.Nearly two years ago, U.S. climbers Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson were first to chart and conquer the route, a feat that took the pair 19 days.Its like being a proud parent, in a way, Jorgeson said Tuesday, honored that Ondra was drawn to the challenge. Thats the point: To raise the bar so someone else can do the same thing and stand on our shoulders.Unlike climbers who need more elaborate equipment, free-climbers use their strength and ability to grasp tiny cracks and lips on the granite rock with their fingertips and toes. They use ropes and harnesses only for safety to catch a fall.Throughout the climb, Ondra took to social media to post about the cold, soaking rain and the pain from the granite wearing down the skin on his fingers. He also celebrated victories.Hard to find the words to describe how I feel, he wrote on Instagram as he neared the top. We made it up to the Wino Tower and no more hard pitches guard my way to the top. I could not have asked for a better day.Ondra, pictured in jeans and a T-shirt pumping his arms after completing a difficult stretch of the climb, was not available for comment. Dicuollo said Ondras cellphone was off as he celebrated by resting.Ondra completed the climb in his first visit to Yosemite Valley. He arrived in mid-October, spending several days practicing some of the walls most harrowing sections, before launching the formal climb on Nov. 14.To rest, Ondra and his team pitched tents suspended on the walls sheer face towering hundreds of feet above Yosemite Valley. The park -- famous for its grand views, giant sequoias and pristine meadows -- is known for attracting daredevil adventurers from around the globe.Ondra had already distinguished himself as the first to hold two world championships in climbing, his sponsors said. Earlier this year, he also completed his university degree in business management.He closely monitored Caldwell and Jorgesons accomplishment in early 2015, drawing on inspiration from their climb to attempt his own, his sponsor said.Yosemite climber and historian Ken Yager said there is no doubt that Ondra is the strongest climber alive today. Yager, however, credits Caldwell for taking years to chart the path up the Dawn Wall, the most difficult of several routes that climbers can take up El Capitan.Hopefully, Adam, with his skills, will come back and pioneer his own route, Yager said. He can push it to his own level. Hes got the skills to. Its whether he has the desire, too. Johnny Bench Jersey Large . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. Reggie Sanders Jersey Large . According the Toronto Star, a knee injury will keep Sundin out of the lineup, which includes former teammates Gary Roberts, Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi and Curtis Joseph. http://www.customredsjersey.com/custom-tom-seaver-jersey-large-362w.html . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Barry Larkin Jersey Large .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Custom George Foster Jersey .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. ST. LOUIS -- Andrew McCutchen is not worried.Although rumors persist that the five-time All-Star outfielder might be moved by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the offseason, he remains philosophical about his future.My mindset is just to do my job and get myself in the best shape I can get myself in for next year, McCutchen said following the Pirates 10-4 season-ending loss at St. Louis on Sunday.Thats all out of my control, he added. All I can do is be myself and work hard and go from there.McCutchen is guaranteed $14 million next season and could become a free agent sometime in the next two years.I think its fair to say were going to continue to explore how we can get this club back into the postseason, general manager Neal Huntington said. We love this core. At the same time, if theres a significant move that we think gives us a better chance to get back to the postseason in `17 and `18, thats something well be open to.Matt Carpenter homered and Randal Grichuk keyed a six-run seventh-inning with a two-run double to lead St. Louis to its fourth win in a row.However, the Cardinals (86-76) were eliminated while still on the field when San Francisco (87-75) beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 7-1 and earned the second NL wild card.Thats the danger when its not in your hands anymore, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Our focus was to take care of our own business -- and we did that.St. Louis starter Adam Wainwright allowed two runs on six hits over six innings and did not get a decision.To miss the playoffs by one game -- thats tough to swallow, Wainwright said. You think about how many times you couldve won games, or just one or two games, and you didnt. It gets you to thinking back a little bit.St. Louis outfielder Matt Holliday was brought into the game momentarily to play left field in the ninth inning. He was given a standing ovation and taken out before the first pitch. The Cardinals announced Friday they plan to decline his 2017 option and allow him to become free agent.ddddddddddddHow special was that? Matheny said. What instigated it was the response of the fans, so badly they wanted to see him one more time.St. Louis was a big league-best 100-62 last year but lost to the Chicago Cubs in the Division Series. The Cardinals never led the NL Central at any point this season and finished with a losing record at home (38-43) for the first time since 1999.Anytime you dont win the World Series, its disappointing, said infielder Aledmys Diaz. But we kept coming and never let down.After making the playoffs for three straight years, Pittsburgh dropped from 98-64 to 78-83.Yadier Molina had three hits for the Cardinals. Stephen Piscotty singled in Molina to break a 4-4 tie in the seventh.Carpenter hit his 21st homer of the season off Antonio Bastardo for a 4-2 lead.Jonathan Broxton (4-2) won despite allowing two runs in one inning of relief.Juan Nicasio (10-7) gave up three runs without recording an out in the seventh.McCutchen hit a two-run single in the fifth to give his team a 2-1 lead.Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle is ready to move on from the disappointing campaign.Forty-one years in the game and I honor the game, I respect the game, Hurdle said. And Ive also gotten very good on closing the book when its time to close the book.Pittsburgh catcher Eric Fryer had two hits in a losing cause.I think down the stretch we definitely competed, Fryer said. Theres a lot of optimism here with a lot of young arms.PACK THE PLACEA crowd of 44,615, the 19th sellout of the season, watched the final game.St. Louis drew 3,444,490, second to the Los Angeles Dodgers in major league home attendance. It was the fifth highest attendance total in franchise history and the 13th successive year the team has drawn at least 3 million. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4296 Themen und 5084 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen