disappointment, failing to even make the final.Frank

in BMI-Ranking 24.06.2019 08:37
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

It took Tim Cahills son to finally convince him to come home.The Socceroos legend was unveiled by Melbourne City as their new star striker on Monday, saying the move to the A-League club felt right from when negotiations began months ago.But Cahill, ever the family man, said it was a text from 11-year-old son Shae that made up his mind to leave Chinese Super League club Hangzhou Greentown and make Melbourne his next destination.Wed beaten (Chinese club) Yanbian 4-1, we were away on an eight-day tour, Cahill said.I was sitting next to (Socceroos team-mate Matthew) Spiranovic and my little boy just said to me, Dad, its not the right move for my football if we stay in China.That was it.I said `its over. I closed talks with Greentown. They could have thrown everything at me and they did.Cahill ends an 18-month stay in the Chinese Super League to join City.After winning the Asian Cup with the Socceroos last year, he joined Shanghai Shenhua but had his contract with the cashed-up club terminated a year later, then joining Hangzhou Greentown where he made 17 appearances.Cahill suggested it would have been the easy option to remain in China, but the added motivation of playing in Australia would continue his long playing career.As a footballer you can sometimes stay in China and coast through it, he said.This is going to give me a good challenge.Ive always been a player that needs that bit of pressure and needs that next kick. Bobby Massie Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. David Montgomery Jersey .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. http://www.cheapbearsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-elliott-fry-jersey . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Aaron Lynch Jersey . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. Bradley Sowell Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. After all the bad blood, all the debate over Yulia Efimova being allowed to swim at the Olympics, Lilly King was the one wearing gold.The American won the 100-meter breaststroke on Monday night, holding off the reigning world champion from Russia in what some will surely call a victory of clean athletes over the dopers.Efimova arrived in Rio as one of the symbols of the massive Russian doping scandal, an athlete who had already served a 16-month suspension and tested positive again this year for the now-banned substance meldonium.Efimova was initially banned from the Olympics, but that decision was overturned on appeal. King took umbrage at Efimovas finger wag during the semifinals and said she intended to compete clean for the U.S.After staring down Efimova in the ready room and giving her a look of disdain on deck, King led all the way to take the gold with an Olympic-record time of 1 minute, 4.93 seconds.Efimova, who heard a round of boos and a few cheers during the introductions, settled for the silver in 1:05.50. The bronze went to another American, Katie Meili.I really dont know how I even reached the final ... it would have really been the end of a fairy tale, a horrible dream, if Id won gold, Efimova said after the race, her face red from crying. But that was all I could do right now.King didnt acknowledge Efimova during a raucous victory celebration. Finally, as the two were picking up their credentials at the side of the deck, King gave her rival a quick pat on the shoulder.It just proves you can compete clean and still come out on top with all the hard work you put in behind the scenes, behind the meet, at practice and weight sessions, King said. There is a way to become the best and do it the right way.In other womens swwimming action, Hungarys Katinka Hosszu won the 100-meter backstroke, adding to her world-record victory in the 400 individual medley.ddddddddddddHosszu didnt set a world record in the back, but her time of 58.45 seconds was good enough for a second gold.Kathleen Baker of the United States settled for the silver in 58.75, and Canadas Kylie Masse and Chinas Yuanhui Fu tied for the bronze in 58.76.Hosszu, whose Iron Lady nickname comes from her grueling schedule, sat up on the lane rope and made a heart sign in the direction of her coach and husband, Shane Tusup.In the womens 200-meter freestyle, Missy Franklin, one of the United States top swimming stars at the 2012 Olympics, endured another stunning disappointment, failing to even make the final.Franklin finished last in her semifinal heat with only the 13th-fastest time among 16 swimmers.I gave it everything I had but it just wasnt there, a tear-filled Franklin told reporters shortly after the race. I just need to keep my head up and keep doing everything I can to be the best I can be.Franklin touched in 1 minute, 57.56 seconds, which was actually slower than her time in the afternoon preliminaries.As a bubbly, 17-year-old high schooler, Franklin won four golds and a bronze at the London Games. But she has endured a mystifying loss of form since turning pro last summer, struggling just to qualify for two individual events and a relay at the U.S. trials.In 2012, Franklin competed in seven Olympic events. Now, all she has left is the 200 backstroke and a likely spot on the 4x200 free relay team.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4296 Themen und 5084 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen