n Johnson picked up a first win since returning

in Freiwillige Challenges 19.07.2019 08:50
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

LONDON -- Novak Djokovic certainly seems wound up at the moment and he gave another clear indication of his mindset with an outburst at the chair umpire Thursday.He became angered after chair umpire Fergus Murphy gave him a time violation for taking too long between points in the fourth game of his 6-1, 6-2 win against David Goffin at the Tour Finals. Milos Raonic later beat Dominic Thiem 7-6 (5), 6-3 in the evening session to join Djokovic in the semifinals.But the world No. 2 was perplexed that he hadnt been given a soft warning first. Can you explain why you didnt tell me before? Djokovic said at the next changeover, explaining it was the first time he had gone over the allotted 25 seconds.On the point in question, the Serb had taken 31 seconds to serve following a long rally that was ended by exquisite lobbed winner from Goffin, which had drawn a thumbs-up from Djokovic. Thats the rule, he was told bluntly by Murphy, though.That tells me that you have no clue about the game, you have no clue about the game, Djokovic shot back.Murphy replied: Thats your view.Djokovic continued to plead his case in what became a heated exchange. He played an amazing point. I went to get my towel and you give me a warning right away, he said. You think thats fair?Yes, thats the way we enforce the rule and weve been doing that for two years, said the umpire.Djokovic then stood up from his chair and gestured behind his chair to supervisor Tom Barnes, pointing one finger in the air and saying one time repeatedly.He perhaps had a right to be annoyed. It was the first time in the match that Djokovic had strayed over the time limit between serves and a soft warning at the change of ends may have sufficed.He sought out Barnes for a chat after the match to clarify the rules. I just wanted to get his view on this, Djokovic told a post-match news conference.First of all, I accept and I know that Im one of the players that takes the most time. There is no doubt. Im not running away from that.Every time that Im late, if I get a so-called soft warning or pre-warning, Ill accept it and I wont say a word. But I think its fair, correct and respectful towards the player and to the game if you go over the first time, lets say, over the limit, that you at least get a heads up.Thats all Im asking for, to be honest. Im not the only one who has that kind of mindset and perspective and opinion about this.I know that the rules are strict, you have to follow. But there should be a kind of a feel, a sense for the game. It was the fourth game of the match, after a long point, the first time I went over, a few seconds, he gives me a warning. I didnt think that was supported by the right facts. Thats why I wanted to have a conversation and understand why it was as it was.In the grand scheme of things, it did not matter at all. There was no fine for Djokovic, and he did not lose a point. Whats more, his position as group winner and his place in the semifinals was already safe and this was essentially a dead rubber.No stress at all, why stress? Djokovic said on court post-match. We come here to play, to enjoy. This is one of the biggest tournaments in the world. Im just having fun on the court.But he was more forthright in his news conference about the pressure he is under.I mean, look, you know, were all humans, he said. Every single day we face some certain kind of challenges, mental challenges, on everyday basis, private, professional life, emotions, thoughts.Its normal, especially if you compete on the highest level in professional sport, that you have maybe more of that hype and emotions and adrenaline going through your body. Its very important always to kind of know how to filter all of that, how to channel it in a positive direction.Certainly there are stages of the year or of the day, moments when you feel worse, and you feel better. The important thing is to be conscious of it and just deal with it in a best possible way that works for you.Djokovic will have known not to take Goffin lightly. The last time an alternate won a match at the Tour Finals, Djokovic was on the other side of the net, beaten 3-6, 7-5, 6-1 by countryman Janko Tipsarevic and eliminated from the tournament.Tipsarevic had joked after that match that Djokovic might then cancel their planned post-season holiday together.Here on Thursday, the 12-time Grand Slam winner managed to shake off the time violation incident to record a blowout victory. He took the first set in just 36 minutes and the second even quicker in 33 minutes.I was trying to put myself in the right state of mind regardless of who was at the net, said Djokovic, whose scheduled opponent Gael Monfils withdrew from the tournament with a rib injury Wednesday night.I felt the most comfortable today from all the three matches, and I felt I increased the quality of the tennis. Its not easy for him to come out, I think, to play. He didnt play his best.The umpire incident aside, it was the perfect afternoon for Djokovic -- he didnt drop his serve, and will have conserved his energy for the weekend.He now has a day off, while Andy Murray -- whom he is battling with to finish as year-end No. 1 -- faces a potential run of three matches in three days, should the Scot reach the final in what could be a straight shootout between the two to finish top of the rankings.If Murray takes a set off Stan Wawrinka, win or lose, in his final round robin match then he will face Raonic, the man he beat in the Wimbledon final.Ive played Andy many times this year, said Raonic, who is 6-0 against the Scot in 2016. I havent gotten the better of him. Hes been playing well. Hes been playing a lot of matches.I think the one thing that I might have is how much he has really on his shoulders right now, a lot of consecutive matches, and as well what hes playing for. I have to try to do my best to try to accentuate that as much as possible in my own favor so I can really get the most out of myself and hopefully be able to get on top of him for once this year. Rickey Jackson Womens Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Marshon Lattimore Youth Jersey . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Wil-Lutz-Jersey/ . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. Alvin Kamara Womens Jersey . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. Marshon Lattimore Saints Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head.The worlds top three go head-to-head this week at the WGC-Cadillac Championship, with Jordan Spieth, Jason Day and Rory McIlroy all in the field at Doral. McIlroy features on the PGA Tour for the third week running as he looks to bounce back from his early exit at the Honda Classic, while Spieth and Day both return to action having sat out of the Florida Swing opener.How have the trio previously fared when playing in the same event? We look back to the tournaments in 2015 where golfs big three were all involved... September 2015 - Tour ChampionshipAll three players came in to the PGA Tours season finale with a chance of FedEx Cup victory, but it was Spieth who took the title with a convincing four-stroke win at East Lake. Spieth and Day were paired together for the opening round McIlroy had made a strong start to the week but faltered over the weekend to finish 10 shots off the pace, while a final-round 68 from Day saw the Australian claim a ninth consecutive top-12 finish.But Spieth once again stole the show and claimed the £7.5million jackpot with a fifth win of the year, seeing him return back to world No 1.September 2015 - BMW ChampionshipDay threatened to post a magical 59 in Chicago on his way to a wire-to-wire victory and his fourth win in six starts, lifting the Australian above McIlroy to top of the world rankings for the first time.A par at the last saw Day open with a 10-under 61 and open a four-stroke advantage over playing partner Spieth, before he extended his lead to five with another birdie-filled 63. Day and Spieth went head-to-head at the BMW Championship Spieth, who had posted an opening-round ace, stuttered over the final rounds to end in 13th spot, as successive 69s from Day saw him cruise home with a six-shot win ahead of Daniel Berger.September 2015 - Deutsche Bank Championship A strong end to the week secured McIlroys return to world No 1, despite needing a final-hole birdie just to avoid missing the cut.Four dropped shots in a five-hole stretch during his second round saw McIlroy scrape through to the weekend, where a closing 66 parachuted him in to a tie for 29th.A first over par round in 22 for Day on Saturday ended his hopes as Rickie Fowler took the title, while Spieths dip in form continue as the two-time major champion suffered a second missed cut in as many weeks. McIlroy and Spieth were grouped with Zach Johnson for the final major of the year August 2015 - PGA ChampionshipDay held off Spieth in a final-round shoot-out at Whistling Straits to seal a three-shot triumph and a maiden major title, while a runner-up finish for the American takes him top of the world.Although a back-nine 30 from Spieth on Saturday had bolstered hopes of a third major win of the year, he had to settle for solo second as Day set a new major record for his winning score of 20 under. McIlroy struggled to make an impression when groupedd with Spieth, but completed his return from injury inside the top-10 thanks to a final-round 68.ddddddddddddJune 2015 - US OpenA three-putt par at the last from Dustin Johnson allowed Spieth to emerge from Chambers Bay with a narrow one-shot win and back-to-back major titles. Spieth became the first back-to-back major winner since McIlroy the previous year After playing alongside Spieth for the first two rounds, Day recovered from collapsing through vertigo late on Friday to shoot 68 the following day and stay in contention.Day would finish the week inside the top-10 despite closing his week with a 74 as McIlroy, who struggled with his putting through the opening three rounds, joined him in a tie for ninth. May 2015 - Players ChampionshipComparisons to McIlroy were short-lived when Spieth missed the cut at TPC Sawgrass, with the American suggesting there was a long way to go before he could be talked about alongside the world No 1. The trio made up the featured group for the opening round of the Players Championship The pair had been joined by Day for the opening two rounds, with the Australian also crashing out early following a second-round 81.McIlroy couldnt find form on the greens throughout the week, eventually closing in a tie for eighth and four strokes adrift of champion Rickie Fowler. April 2015 - The MastersSpieth was likened to Tiger Woods after a record-breaking victory made him the first wire-to-wire of the Green Jacket in nearly four decades.The 21-year-old posted more birdies than any other player in Augusta history on his way to a four-shot win, as McIlroy finished six strokes off the pace despite a round-of-the-day 66 on the Sunday. Spieth claimed his maiden major title in convincing fashion Day had started strongly with an opening-round 67, but finished some 17 shots back in tied-28th after a frustrating week. March 2015 - WGC-Cadillac ChampionshipDustin Johnson picked up a first win since returning from his leave of absence on the PGA Tour, while none of the aforementioned three made any kind of challenge at the top of the leaderboard.McIlroy followed Spieth and Day in posting over par opening rounds at Doral, but bounced back with a two-under 70 to head in to the weekend eight off the pace.Back-to-back 72s left the four-time major winner tied-ninth, with Spieth a further two strokes back in tied-17th and Day 12 strokes adrift of Johnson in joint-31st. Watch the WGC-Cadillac Championship throughout the week live on Sky Sports 4 - your home of golf. Live coverage starts on Thursday from 6pm. Or watch from £6.99 without a contract, on NOW TV. Also See: Big three battle for top spot McIlroy vs Spieth comparison Golfing dates for the diary Golf live on Sky Sports 4 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4293 Themen und 5081 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen