t. The hosts themselves h

in Fotos 19.08.2019 10:58
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

Swimmer Michael Phelps, the all-time leader in career Olympic medals with 22, will carry the United States flag for the Opening Ceremony in Rio de Janeiro, the USOC announced Wednesday.Phelps, who has won 18 gold medals, was chosen for the honor in a vote of Team USA athletes. It will be his fifth Olympics since making his debut at the 2000 Games in Sydney, Australia.Im honored to be chosen, proud to represent the U.S., and humbled by the significance of carrying the flag and all it stands for, Phelps said. For Sydney, I just wanted to make the team. For Athens, I wanted to win gold for my country. For Beijing, I wanted to do something nobody else had done. In London, I wanted to make history.And now, I want to walk in the Opening Ceremony, take it all in, represent America in the best possible way and make my family proud. This time around, its about so much more than medals.Phelps retired after the London Games and made a series of missteps in his personal life, including a second drunken-driving arrest in 2014. Since then, however, the 31-year-old went through six weeks of inpatient therapy, gave up alcohol, reconnected with his estranged father, got engaged and became a father for the first time with the birth of his son, Boomer.He reversed his decision to retire, but insists this will be his final Olympics. Phelps will compete in three individual events in Rio and could be a member of all three relay teams, giving him a good chance to take his already-staggering medal haul even higher.Phelps is just the second U.S. swimmer chosen to carry the flag in the Opening Ceremony, joining Gary Hall (1976, Montreal).?He skipped the Opening Ceremony at the last three Olympics to rest up for the grueling 400-meter individual medley, which is held the next day.The Opening Ceremony takes place Friday at Maracana Stadium in Rio.The Associated Press contributed to this report. Custom Charlotte Hornets Jerseys . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Frank Kaminsky Jersey . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.hornetsteamproshop.com/Cheap-Nicolas-Batum-Hornets-Jersey/ . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Nicolas Batum Hornets Jersey . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Jersey .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. LYNCHBURG, Va. -- Shane Bucenell threw three touchdown passes and rushed for a score, Mike Holloway had 107 yards rushing, and Charleston Southern snapped Libertys five-game winning streak with a 48-26 victory on Saturday.Charleston Southern (6-3, 3-1 Big South) scored on four straight possessions in the second quarter to build a 31-6 halftime lead.Up 7-6 after the first quarter, the Bucs got an 83-yard kickoff return from Darius Hammond that led to a field goal to make it 10-6. Ben Robinson scored on a 28-yard run, Bucenell hit Mike Holloway for a 20-yard TD, and Kamereon Brown hauled in a 45-yard pass one play after Shadarius Hopkins interception.dddddddddddd.Bucenell, who passed for 170 yards, scored on a 57-yard QB keeper on the Bucs first play of the second half to put Charleston Southern in front 38-6.Stephen Calvert had 261 yards passing and three TDs for Liberty (6-4, 4-1). Kendall Couamin, Dante Shells and B.J. Farrow each had receiving scores. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4290 Themen und 5078 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
Jayae86

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen