wanted Karel Jarolim to take over the national

in Mahnungen 23.02.2019 08:11
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

PRAGUE -- Petr Cech retired from international football on Friday after a record 124 appearances in the Czech Republic goal.The 34-year-old Cech announced his decision after he was named the best Czech footballer of the last season for the 10th time in a poll of sports journalists.Its final, Cech said. He added he wants to fully focus on his Arsenal club.I like to do things fully focused. And a time might come when I need a rest. It may not be now, but the World Cup qualifying takes two years, and it wouldnt be right to announce in the middle of it that I dont feel like playing. Thats the reason for me to make the decision right now. A beautiful chapter is over.From his Czech debut at age 19 in 2002, a 2-0 victory over Hungary, Cech became a mainstay in the team. His last match was a 2-0 loss to Turkey in the final group-stage game at the European Championship in France on June 21.Cech denied the teams poor performance at the tournament influenced his decision to quit.I made the decision before the European Championship, he said. Of course, it would be better to say goodbye after a victory.The highlight of Cechs international career came at Euro 2004, when the Czechs reached the semifinals. He helped the team qualify for every continental championship since, and played in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.Cech follows Sparta Prague striker David Lafata and Bordeaux midfielder Jaroslav Plasil, who announced their retirements immediately after the game against Turkey.Also, coach Pavel Vrba terminated his contract with the national team last week to manage Anzhi Makhachkala in the Russian Premier League.Czech Football Association head Miroslav Pelta said on Friday he wanted Karel Jarolim to take over the national team as coach. Jarolim still has a contract with Czech club Mlada Boleslav. Air Max 1 Sale Outlet .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. Discount Air Max 1 . The players spoke Jan. 13 during a Major League Baseball Players Association conference call after Rodriguez sued the union and Major League Baseball to overturn an arbitrators decision suspending him for the 2014 season and post-season. http://www.discountairmax1.com/ .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. Air Max 1 Wholesale . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. Air Max 1 Sale Cheap . Spiller left Week 3s 27-20 loss to the New York Jets with a thigh injury, but fully practiced with the team all week and expects to be ready to go on Sunday. Central Coast star Roy ODonovan has described the A-Leagues latest marquee target Robbie Keane as your typical flawed Irish star genius - without the flaws.Keanes possible move to Australia gathered steam over the past week after three A-League clubs signalled their intent on luring the former Tottenham star.The talk immediately piqued the interest of the Mariners own Irish star in ODonovan, who said he would love to play against his childhood hero.He was absolutely an idol of mine. A great player, one of our greatest of all-time, highest capped, highest goals, and a top bloke, ODonovan told AAP.I think hes still hungry to do well and I think Western Sydney should go all out and try and get him as a guest player, hed be great.Keane is arguably Irelands greatest player, scoring 68 goals in 146 appearances for the national team he served as captain for the past five years.He enjoyed over a decade in Englands top flight where he scored almost 100 goals for the Spurs, but spent the past five years for LA Galaxy in the MLS.ODonovan said Keane defied the assumption that Irish sporting stars were flawed, describing him as the consummate professional.I think the Irish mentality is you buy into a flawed genius as such, maybe a big drinker or an absolute lunatic who can ply as well, ODonovan said.But Robbie Keane always kept himself under the radar off the pitch, but on the pitch hes been an absollute outstanding Irish ambassador.ddddddddddddHe was such an consummate professional. He didnt really have too many rough edges. I hope he comes to the A-League. Id love it.ODonovan, 31, just missed playing alongside his childhood idol a handful of times through the course of his career.He played at Coventry City a few seasons after Keane, and was also in an national training squads under Giovanni Trappatoni in 2008.I got my first international call-up for Ireland in 2008 under Trappatoni. Unfortunately Robbie wasnt in the squad and I didnt make the final cut, so I just missed him there, ODonovan said.I signed with Coventry when they were a Premier League club back in the day, when I was a kid. As I signed, he just went to Inter Milan. So we just missed each other. Hopefully I get to play against him in red and black this year.Keane, 36, told the Press Association that he still feels very sharp and that he is as hungry as ever to get on the scoresheet wherever his next move lies.I am very open to what comes my way. I look forward to another challenge because I definitely see me having a couple of good years left, he said.I want to go somewhere I can have an impact and help the team go forward or help a league grow - basically the same reason I went to the MLS. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dsjerbbiter, gdshutter

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen