rose, ran and slid into first for an unassisted putout. "I

in Diäten 25.02.2019 03:32
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

ARCALIS, Andorra -- Diminished by a fever and still reeling from crashes on the opening two days of the race, two-time champion Alberto Contador pulled out of the Tour de France during the toughest Pyrenean stage Sunday.Slightly more than 60 miles from the end of Stage 9 from the Spanish town of Vielha to the ski resort of Arcalis in Andorra, the 33-year-old Spaniard stopped at the side of the road, hopped off his bike and got into the passenger seat of his team car.I could not keep going, Contador later said at his team hotel. This morning I had a fever. And I did not feel good since I crashed on the first day.Contador crashed in each of the opening stages -- damaging his right shoulder, elbow and hip -- and had already lost time on the other overall favorites.He was in 20th position at the end of Saturdays eighth stage, 3 minutes, 12 seconds behind leader Chris Froome, who said Contadors departure from the race was a big loss for the Tour de France.We are not going to have to chase his attacks 100 kilometers out anymore, Froome said. Its one of the less things for us to worry about, but its maybe a shame of the race.During Sundays stage, Contador dropped back to his team car four times before finally withdrawing.He had started the stage in a bright fashion, attacking alongside fellow Spaniard Alejandro Valverde to catch a group of early breakaway riders on the first climb.But Contador could not continue his effort and was quickly brought back by the pack before he pulled out in the Port del Canto climb. He handed his bike to a mechanic and waved to TV cameras as he exited the race that made him famous.The withdrawal occurred on Contadors home roads near the town of Vilamur in Spain.Its bad news for me, said Tinkoff team owner Oleg Tinkov, who is planning to leave the sport. It was my last try to win the Tour de France. But who knows, maybe Ill come back in a few years.Contador, who won cyclings showpiece race in 2007 and 2009, had made the Tour de France his main goal of the season, skipping the Giro to focus on the Tour.If he recovers, Contador is still expected to compete in the road race at the Rio Olympics next month.I will undergo tests to find out what is going wrong, he said.Contador was stripped of the 2010 Tour title and suspended for two years after testing positive for the banned steroid clenbuterol in the final week of the race.He was among the three prerace favorites this year alongside defending champion Froome and Colombian climber Nairo Quintana. Air Force 1 Descuentos . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. Air Force 1 España Baratas . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. http://www.airforce1baratas.es/ . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Air Force 1 Baratas . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Air Force 1 España . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams.MIAMI -- Jeff Mathis stood at the plate confronted by five infielders and knew what he had to do: get the ball past them. He did, and then some, hitting a grand slam with one out in the ninth inning Sunday that lifted the Miami Marlins over the San Diego Padres 6-2. With the score 2-all and the bases loaded, the Padres deployed a five-infielder, two-outfielder defence for Mathis. He pulled a 1-0 pitch past everyone and into the Padres bullpen. "I appreciated being in that position and enjoyed every minute," Mathis said. "Its one of those ideal situations. You really want to get the job done. It was a bunch of fun." The 3,000th homer in the franchises 20-year history came from an unlikely source. Mathis is a career .195 hitter, and this year hes batting only .129 after missing almost all of spring training because of a broken collarbone. The victory added momentum to the Marlins turnaround of late. While they still have baseballs worst record, they went 15-10 in June, a huge improvement on their 14-41 record in the first two months. "After April and May, to do what we did in June is great," manager Mike Redmond said. "Are we happy? Yes. Are we satisfied? No." Logan Morrison walked to start the ninth-inning rally against Tyson Ross (0-4), who looked back on that moment as pivotal. "That leadoff walk killed me," Ross said. "It cant happen in the ninth inning, or any inning really." Morrison took second on a single by Marcell Ozuna, then advanced to third on a flyout. Pinch-hitter Greg Dobbs was intentionally walked to load the bases, and Mathis followed with his second home run of the year. It was also Mathis second career grand slam, and his first walkoff homer. Gleeful teammates greeted him at home plate, and he joined the scrum leading with his left shoulder. "I knew I was going to get pounded on, so I was getting ready for it," he said. "The adrenalin was going pretty good." Nathan Eovaldi threw six shutout innings for Miami, and Steve Cishek (2-4) pitched a hitless ninth. The Marlins made the most of their seven hits. "We gave ourselves a chance, got some big hits and had some bbig at-bats, something we werent doing early in the season," Redmond said.dddddddddddd "I just felt like we were going to win that game in the ninth." Padres pinch-hitter Carlos Quentin tied the score with a two-run homer in the seventh off Chad Qualls following a four-pitch walk to Yasmani Grandal. Eovaldi, making his third start since coming off the disabled list, struck out none but departed leading 2-0. "When I was attacking, they were putting the ball in play and the defence was there," Eovaldi said. He missed the first 2 1/2 months of the season because of right shoulder inflammation. The Padres Andrew Cashner, plagued lately by poor run support, allowed five hits and two runs in six innings. "Today was probably the best Ive thrown all year," Cashner said. "I couldnt get a couple of plays to go my way, but overall I think I did really well." Cashner displayed his all-around ability at the plate and in the field. He bunted for a hit to lead off the third inning, and in the fifth he went to his knees to field a tapper by Eovaldi, then rose, ran and slid into first for an unassisted putout. "I probably made the best play of my career," Cashner said. Quentin, held out of the starting lineup to give him a breather, batted for Cashner in the seventh and hit his ninth homer on the first pitch from Qualls. Quentin had been 0 for 6 as a pinch hitter this season, and it was his third career homer in that role. "Any time a guy hits a pinch-hit home run, that shocks you a little," Redmond said. "So I think it took us a couple of innings to get over that." NOTES: Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko (strained right groin) plans to take part in drills Monday but is expected to be sidelined at least a few more days. ... As part of the Marlins celebration of its 20th anniversary season, several ex-players attended the game, and Jeff Conine threw out the ceremonial first pitch to Charles Johnson. ... The Padres fell to 5-1 under manager Bud Black on his birthday. He turned 57 Sunday. ... RHP Jason Marquis, scheduled to start Mondays series finale, is 7-6 with a 5.67 ERA in 23 games against the Marlins. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dsjerbbiter, gdshutter

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen