weeks and that has been happening over the past 6 mont

in Diäten 25.02.2019 03:32
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

The 31st Olympiad might be the most LGBTQ-friendly Games in history.?In fact, Outsports reports that 49 participating athletes are publicly out. For instance, U.S. basketball player and Chicago Sky guard Elena Delle Donne confirmed her engagement to long-term partner Amanda Clifton right before heading to Rio, and then Brazilian rugby player Isadora Cerullo was surprised by girlfriend Marjorie Enyas on-field proposal Monday after the medal ceremony for gold medal winner Australia. Its been a rainbow-filled Olympics and were only halfway through.In the United States, we love a good progress narrative. And its fun to celebrate marriage equality and pride. But focusing too heavily on that perceived progression could blind us to the present dangers faced by the LGBTQ community.That sentiment was made very clear when The Daily Beast published and then removed an article focusing on the online dating and sex lives of athletes, with a specific focus on Grindr, an app predominantly used by gay and bisexual men. The article, which originally included details such as height, weight and nationality of each athlete, wasnt just ethically questionable?-- it was potentially dangerous and could have exposed the athletes to very real threats.Being an LGBTQ person in this world can make you feel quite vulnerable, and though the U.S. has its imperfections when comes to equality and protection, its fair to say that America is far more sensitive to these issues than other countries participating in the Olympics.Russia infamously passed an anti-gay law in 2013, which bans gay propaganda and materials that promote nontraditional sexual relations, while Kazakhstan is described by the Human Rights Watch as having a climate of fear for LGBTQ people.?However, more inclusive policies dont always translate to a culture that is safe for LGBTQ people. Marriage equality has been the law in Brazil since 2013, and transgender people who are incarcerated in Rio have the ability to choose their prison type in accordance to gender identity. But there is still an overwhelming amount of violence directed toward trans people throughout the country. Brazils population represents only?2.6 percent of the world population, yet 46.7 percent of the?murders of?transgender people happen on their soil.?And while South Africa constitutionally bans discrimination based upon sexual orientation, the practice of so-called corrective rape? -- an attempt to cure lesbian women of being gay -- is commonly accepted. These are just a handful of examples.?So, I get it. Sex at the Olympics is well, sexy. Readers want to know what goes down in the Olympic village (and in the DMs of the athletes), and of course not all of the horizontal tangos are happening between heterosexual couples.For many Americans who cry, Why is this news? and Stick to sports whenever an athlete comes out or something happens that affects LGBTQ people, this may seem to be a nonissue. Queer people exist. The end.?So yes, there has been progress, and I am the first person to celebrate that fact. Progress, however, cannot be allowed to cloud our perspective.While we celebrate the LGBTQ athletes who are out, we must remember those who are either not ready to take that step, cannot publicly announce their sexuality due to the laws of their countries and fear for their safety, or just choose not to disclose that piece of information.All of them are worthy of respect and care from journalists and fans. Their lives could depend on it. Shohei Ohtani Jersey . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Albert Pujols Jersey . The 26-year-old Ireland striker, who has four goals this season, has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with his new club. http://www.angelsteamshop.com/Angels-Rod-Carew-Kids-Jersey/ .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Blake Wood Jersey .Y. - Nelson Mandela will be honoured by the New York Yankees with a plaque in Monument Park. Huston Street Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Bryan Habana has called for open and honest discussions between the key stakeholders of South African rugby as they attempt to restore pride in the Springboks jersey.South Africa have slipped to sixth in the World Rugby rankings, following defeat to Wales at the Principality Stadium on Saturday.Habana, 33, was dropped for the Cardiff clash and while his international future remains unclear, he took his share of responsibility for a woeful run of results that has seen the Springboks lose seven of their last eight Test matches.The pain, disappointment and lows of what happened over the past 3 weeks and that has been happening over the past 6 months is by far the toughest and lowest I have ever experienced in my rugby career, Habana wrote on Instagram.I fully understand the hurt, dissatisfaction and despair felt about where this currentt Springbok team is and Im also prepared to face all the criticism that comes my way in the part Ive played.ddddddddddddLike you all, I also want to see the Springboks be a force to be reckoned with and instill pride back into the jersey and be that symbol of hope and unity that it has been on so many occasions for our country.I believe open and honest discussions need to be had with all the key role players, administrators, politicians, coaches and players to start a proper process of rebuilding and implementation of structures.Whether or not Im a part of this group going forward, or whether changes get made on an administrative, coaching or players level, we can never lose the belief that we can fix it. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen