the victory, Federer greeted him with a graciou

in Fotos 26.02.2019 06:26
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

Bob Willis was impressed with an out of character innings from Alex Hales on day one of the first Investec Test between England and Sri Lanka. The opener was 71 not out from 154 balls when the rain came down to curtail Thursdays play at Headingley with England 171-5.Having struggled in South Africa over the winter, Hales appears to have learnt from his mistakes, according to Willis. Its always tough batting at Headingley under leaden skies and it was no surprise that England were put in to bat, he told Sky Sports.It was a quite out of character innings by Alex Hales, who you expect to be looking to hit fours and sixes all the time but he left the ball pretty well. It was a conscientious, rather slow but important opening stand.I think Hales has had to think about a lot of things. He started off trying to play Test cricket like he played one-day cricket and he found the bowling at the top level was far too good to try and do that. There are very few players who manage to go in and play shots at the top of the order and get away with it. Watch the pick of the action from the first day of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka Hes been a bit more circumspect, I think he knows hes probably got these three matches to convince the selectors that he is qualified to open the batting for England in Test cricket. Youve got to hand it to him for the way he played today.I dont think we want three players at the top of the order batting at the same pace as Compton and Cook so if the ball is there to be hit on a sunny day, on a flat wicket, Im sure hell hit it.Willis also praised Jonny Bairstows contribution and saw shades of an Australian great in the wicketkeepers innings. The Verdict discuss Jonny Bairstows knock on day one against Sri Lanka and his rising status in the England team, drawing comparisons to Adam Gilchrist Ben Stokes and Jonny Bairstow seemed to be given license to play their strokes, he said. It didnt work out for Stokes but Bairstow played a Gilchrist-like counter-attacking innings and the partnership with Hales has got England part-way out of the mire.Mahela Jayawardene was in agreement and felt Bairstow changed the whole complexion of the England innings.From ball one, he showed intent, said the Sri Lankan legend. Hes been batting really well this summer, hes got runs behind him and the use of his feet, playing spin, being aggressive - he changed the tempo of that England innings. Bairstow looked in good touch against Sri Lanka Sri Lanka were on top but he came in, played mostly controlled shots, but it was more like a one-day innings that he played and it probably helped Hales to come out of his shell again.Watch live coverage from day two of the first Test between England and Sri Lanka at Headingley, live on Sky Sports 2 from 10.30am on Friday. You can also catch highlights from day one at 8pm on Sky Sports 3, with The Verdict following immediately after at 9pm. Also See: England fight back against SL WATCH: Story of Day One Sky Cricket Podcast England v Sri Lanka on Sky Sports Old Skool Shoes From China ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. Cheap Old Skool Sale . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. http://www.cheapoldskool.com/ . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Discount Old Skool . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Wholesale Old Skool . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season.PARIS -- By Roger Federers standards, defeat came early in the French Open. And it came quickly. The 17-time Grand Slam champion lost Tuesday in the quarterfinals to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga of France, 7-5, 6-3, 6-3. Federer was eliminated before the semifinals for the second time in past three Grand Slam tournaments, but only the fifth time in the past nine years at a major event. Tsonga was responsible for two of the losses -- he also beat Federer in the quarterfinals at Wimbledon in 2011. "Im pretty sad about the match and the way I played," Federer said. "He was in all areas better than me today. Thats why the result was pretty clean." Tsonga earned his first berth in the Roland Garros semifinals and is trying to become the first Frenchman to win the tournament since Yannick Noah in 1983. Hes the first Frenchman to reach the semifinals since Gael Monfils in 2008. "I cant have better a dream," Tsonga told the centre court crowd. "So far I play very well. I played against a champion today, a guy who has won everything. Today its my turn." On Friday hell play No. 4-seeded David Ferrer, who beat fellow Spaniard Tommy Robredo 6-2, 6-1, 6-1. Tsonga was runner-up to Novak Djokovic at the 2008 Australian Open, his best Grand Slam result. Ranked No. 8, he dominated Federer with his blend of power and athleticism. "Give some credit to the old Jo-Willy Tsonga, please," Federer said. Federer took a 4-22 lead but played like a mere mortal after that as the match rapidly slipped away.dddddddddddd He blew three overheads, missed several easy volleys, hit no aces, dropped serve six times and took a shot to the body on the point that put Tsonga ahead to stay in the final set. Facing a break point, Federer sliced a drop shot, and Tsonga raced forward to scoop it up. He whacked a backhand that clipped the net cord and then drilled Federer under his right arm. That made it 4-3, and Tsonga quickly won the final two games. When he closed out the victory, Federer greeted him with a gracious smile and a congratulatory pat on the stomach. A jubilant Tsonga then went spinning across the court, waving his arms as the partisan crowd roared. Federer, long a fan favourite in Paris, also earned a lusty cheer as he headed to the exit. He responded by applauding the crowd. "I should have won the first set," Federer said. "Unfortunately I couldnt regroup." The last time Federer lost to a player ranked so low in a major tournament was at Wimbledon two years ago, when the No. 19-ranked Tsonga overcame a two-set deficit to beat him. The French Open has always been the most difficult major event for Federer. He won his lone Roland Garros title in 2009 to complete a career Grand Slam and tie Pete Sampras record of 14 major titles. Now 31, he has yet to win any tournament in 2013, his longest drought to start a year since 2000. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen