if I said it didnt cross my mind last night beca

in Ideen? 27.02.2019 08:27
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

TUCSON, Ariz. -- Arizonas towering European tandem had a big night Tuesday.Wildcats 7-footers Dusan Ristic and Lauri Markkanen scored 18 points apiece, and No. 20 Arizona bounced back from its loss to Gonzaga with a 79-57 victory over UC Irvine.Ristic, a Serbian who was two points shy of his career high, scored 14 in the first half and finished with 10 rebounds. Markkanen, the standout Finnish freshman, had 13 points in the second.They are very different players with some shared traits, coach Sean Miller said.They are incredible kids, Miller said. I mean, in the classroom, off the court, in practice, as teammates, love the game, two of our hardest workers. ... Theyre from the other side of the world. Theyre not going home for Christmas and yet theyre really, really great kids.The Wildcats (7-2) pulled away in the final 6 1/2 minutes of the first half and never were threatened again.Jaron Martin scored 12 points and Max Hazzard had 10 for the Anteaters (4-5).Rawle Alkins added 14 points and Kadeem Allen 12 for the Wildcats, who shot 54 percent from the field to UC Irvines 38 percent.After a sluggish start, Arizona ended the first half on a 15-3 run to lead 39-23.The Wildcats jumped out to leads of 14-5 and 16-7, but Martins second 3-pointer cut Arizonas advantage to 24-20 with 6:40 left in the half. Ristic scored four of the next six points and Arizona was finally rolling.Allen scored seven and Ristic six in the run.Arizona led by as many as 30 points. UC Irvines only lead was 1-0.Markkanen was coming off the worst shooting game of his young career, when he went 4 for 14 -- 0 for 3 on 3s -- in Saturdays loss to Gonzaga. He was 7 of 10 against the Anteaters, including 4 of 6 on 3s.I didnt think about the last game, Markkanen said. My game is to let the game come to me, not force it. ... Im not worried about my shooting. My self-confidence is still up. Nothing changes.Ristics game is close to the basket, and he shot 8 of 11 from the field.All the outside guys did a great job of getting the ball to me, he said. And they (UC Irvine) played zone probably 80 percent of the game. A lot of times the low post was open and that is how I score the majority of my points.Down to seven scholarship players, Arizona switched from its traditional man-to-man to a 2/3 zone for a time in the second half. Miller said he did it to give his team some rest. He might do it again, but not often, he said.The more zone we play, the worse well be in man-to-man, he said.Anteaters coach Russell Turner thought perhaps the Wildcats player shortage would work to his teams advantage.I thought if we played our style of basketball, he said, played good defense and rebounded well, that we would have had a chance to keep this game close given their roster situation. But we werent really able to maintain our focus on doing the things we said.BIG PICTUREUC Irvine: The Anteaters lost four starters from last seasons team. They are big but not very athletic inside. If they expect to be competitive in the Big West, the Anteaters need to shoot better from long range. They went 4 of 20 on 3s against Arizona.Arizona: The Wildcats needed a win, regardless of the opponent, after dropping two of their last three -- to Butler and Gonzaga on neutral courts -- with a tough game coming up at Missouri.STILL SHORT-HANDEDWith starting point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright sidelined by an ankle injury and the status of Allonzo Trier still unclear, the Wildcats go with just two scholarship players on the bench.Jackson-Cartwright, whose right ankle remains in a boot, might not be back until sometime in January. Trier could finally have his situation resolved soon, but thats been said before. The school has not officially given a reason for his absence but its apparently an eligibility issue.UP NEXTUC Irvine: The Anteaters face Pomona-Pitzer on Friday in their second home game of the season.Arizona: The Wildcats play on an opponents home court for the first time this season at Missouri on Saturday. Comprar Adidas Superstar Baratas . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Adidas Superstar España Baratas .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. http://www.baratasadidassuperstar.es/ . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Adidas Superstar Baratas .com) - The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks both take aim at their first wins of the season on Saturday, as the Canucks open their home slate at Rogers Arena. Adidas Superstar Baratas Online . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night.ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Dodgers placed slumping All-Star centre fielder Matt Kemp on the 15-day disabled list Thursday because of a right hamstring strain. The move was made before the team completed a string of four consecutive games against the Angels. Kemp was injured while running down a double in right-centre by Mike Trout in the Dodgers 4-3 loss Wednesday night. It was the fourth time in Kemps career that the two-time Gold Glove winner has been on the DL, including two stints last season because of a left hamstring strain that cost him a combined 51 games. The Dodgers were 24-27 in his absences. "Its not bad luck. Its life," Kemp said. "I never want to be away from the game, but I have to at the moment. It comes with the territory, but its disappointing." Kemp, who just two seasons ago finished runner-up to Milwaukees Ryan Braun in the NL MVP voting after hitting a career-high 39 home runs with 126 RBIs and a .324 average, is batting .251 this season with two homers and 17 RBIs in 51 games, and has struck out 60 times in 191 at-bats following off-season shoulder surgery. In his last six games, he is 1 for 17 with 10 strikeouts. The Dodgers recalled catcher Tim Federowicz from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Kemps place on the roster. Right fielder Andre Ethier was moved to centre field in manager Don Mattinglys starting lineup, the 49th he has used in 53 games.dddddddddddd "The whole year weve been figuring a way to patch up things when we get guys hurt," Ethier said. "Donnie asked me, and I said: Sure, lets do it. Id be lying if I said it didnt cross my mind last night because I wasnt sure what the (extent) of Matts injury was, and whether it was going to take a couple of days or longer. But its a different story when you actually see your name in there". It was only the second time in his eight-year career that he started in centre. The other time was May 15, 2012, when he had four putouts in a 5-1 loss to Arizona at Dodger Stadium. Ethiers first big league game as a centre fielder was in the 2010 All-Star game, which took place at Angel Stadium. "Its kind of ironic that its here," Ethier said. "That time it was an All-Star game, so there had to be a centre fielder on that team. I dont know how I ended up playing there -- but at the same time, it was fun. I knew I had centre field in me all the time, and it took an All-Star game for me to finally get it." Also, right-hander Stephen Fife was activated from the 15-day DL and optioned back to Albuquerque. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dsjerbbiter, gdshutter

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen