because of advances in technology, that

in Freiwillige Challenges 01.03.2019 08:18
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

Indias coach Anil Kumble has praised the fight shown by West Indies batsmen in salvaging a draw in the Sabina Park Test. India had sliced through the top order on the fourth morning before rain wiped out play in the final two sessions of the day, after which West Indies lower-middle order resisted through the whole of day five.The time lost was very crucial for us, because we were in great momentum and the conditions were such that it could have been different if we had bowled yesterday, Kumble said. There was loss of play, more than 100 overs in this Test match. But all those factors mattered. In the end, credit to the West Indian batsmen, how they batted today and their application as well.The star of West Indies unlikely escape was Roston Chase, the Barbados allrounder who followed up his first-innings five-for with an unbeaten final-day century. Creditable for someone playing his second Test match to bat through the day and save the game for his team, Kumble said. Chases approach today was very good. He looked to attack when needed and blocked literally every ball, so kept our bowlers at bay, which was obviously disappointing from the outside.West Indies began the final day with a flourish, as Jermaine Blackwood and Chase scored at 10 an over before settling down. Kumble said Indias bowlers could have adjusted better to the conditions as the day progressed. Initially, since we had 300 runs on the board, we were attacking and they came hard at us as well, and they got away in the first five or six overs. They got a lot of runs. And once that one or one-and-a-half-hour period happened, I believe the ball went a bit soft as well. So it was quite difficult to get the purchase that we were getting yesterday and the conditions were different. It was cloudy, there was some rain about and there was a lot more swing. So in that sense, we could have probably adapted better.There has been some debate over whether Indias declaration, at the end of the third day, had been delayed too long, but Kumble defended the timing. Its all nice to now sit and say when we should have declared and what if, but I thought we played really good cricket, we were dominant right throughout and today, you know the change in momentum happened and credit to the West Indian batsmen. You obviously feel from the position we were in that we should have probably wrapped up the Test match, but having said that this is certainly something that happens in a Test match. You have times when the opposition puts up a brave challenge, and thats exactly what happened. Craig Stammen Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Clayton Richard Jersey . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. http://www.cheappadresjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-tony-gwynn-jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Wholesale Padres Jerseys . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. Allen Craig Jersey . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. CHICAGO -- A ballgame that produced exactly one run lasted 3 hours, 33 minutes.Compared to some of the commercial-packed, long-on ceremony-and-celebrity marathons that have clocked in at four hours and beyond this postseason, Clevelands 1-0 win over the Chicago Cubs in Game 4 of the World series felt like a sprint.But there were five minutes we could have done without.No, not comedian Bill Murrays drawn-out, Daffy Duck-inspired rendition of Take Me Out to the Ball Game. At least there was some comic reliefWhat we had in mind instead were the three instant-replay reviews. An overwhelming majority of fans believe the only thing that matters is to get every call right, even though thats impossible -- and never mind that it both changes and hurts the very games its supposed to improve. More on that in a moment.The only one of the three replay reviews that resulted in the original call being overturned happened in the first inning, when Cubs starter Kyle Hendricks picked Francisco Lindor off first base. The two calls that stood both came in the seventh.The first happened when Cubs catcher Willson Contreras threw to third trying to pick off pinch-runner Michael Martinez, who was called safe (both times) and scored soon after when Coco Crisp followed with the tiebreaking single. The second happened when the next Cleveland batter, Jason Kipnis, hit a grounder to the right side, dove into first base and was called out (both times).The call on Kipnis looked just plain wrong. His arm clearly hits the base before the ball nestles in Cubs pitcher Mike Montgomerys glove. But thats the problem when humans make the first and last decision, no matter how many camera angles are viewed in between.Of course, Ive been on the losing side of this debate for years -- in every sport -- and so it went again Friday night when I asked Cleveland manager Terry Francona whether hed like to see more or less instant replay.Thats the question after a 1-0 World Series win? Francona answered with a question of his own.Well, yes.I think theyve done a great job with replay. I mean, we all know what it is, and I think its made the game better, he said.Joe Maddon, his Cubs counterpart, was an even bigger booster.It definitely helps preventing the spike in the blood pressure, because youre just able to ask them to replay it as opposed to running out there and arguing. So I like that component of it, he began.There are certain parts about it that I think need to be addressed. For example, like when hovering over a bag and all of a sudden you say the guy came off the bag, something like that or the hand wass above home plate .dddddddddddd.. Id like to see some adjustments, but I think overall its wonderful.Furthermore, I would imagine eventually YOURE GOING TO SEE IT CALL BALLS AND STRIKES (emphasis mine).Let that settle in for a moment.Umpires were already in danger of becoming figureheads, stuck behind the plate to lend an air of authority more imagined than real, like the Queen of England at events of state, minus the tiara and jewelry. Count on it happening sooner rather than later.Replay began in baseball in 2008, employed strictly at first to decide home runs. It was expanded significantly in 2014 to include plays at the bases, trapped balls and just about everything else, save balls and strikes.While the average time it takes to review a call has varied -- 1:46 during the 2014 regular season, then 1:51 in 2015 and 1:36 in 2016 -- the number of calls overturned on replay have creeped up each year, from 47.3 percent in 14 to 50.4 percent this past season.Theres any number of theories about that incremental rise, and much of it centers on more and better slow-motion cameras at most ballparks and managers willingness to use every challenge available to them. But theres no doubt its led to a change in both the spirit of the game and how its played; nearly every fielder now holds his glove with the ball on the baserunners body for as long as possible, in the hope that at some point in the slide the camera will show the runner has lost contact with the base.Thats been happening for as long as the games been played. But its only now, because of advances in technology, that it can be spotted.As much as its not my favorite play ... its really hard for me to say its OK to be safe if youre not on the bag and the glove is tagging, MLB exec Joe Torre, whose duties include overseeing umpires, said at the last winter meetings.Well continue to have that conversation, he added.Good luck.Major League Baseball is already wrestling with the pace-of-play issue and the guess here is that what Maddon called the hovering play is only the first of many unforeseen consequences.Instant replay has already made the NFL and college football nearly unwatchable, and its made holding your breath at the last-minute plays nearly a requirement of being a football fan.Try that for nine innings when a robot is calling balls and strikes.---Jim Litke is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at jlitke(at)ap.org and https://Twitter.com/JimLitke . ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4293 Themen und 5081 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen