single to right, but Murphy got caught in a rundown between th

in BMI-Ranking 05.03.2019 07:26
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Ben Kennedy moved past NASCAR Truck season leader William Byron with 19 laps to go and held at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday night for his first series victory.Kennedy, the son of International Speedway Corporation CEO Lesa France Kennedy and great-grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., became the first France family member to win a NASCAR national series race. He was making his 63rd career start.I cant put it into words, Kennedy said. Someone asked me earlier today what its like going to Bristol for your first time and to win here is just so cool. Im speechless. The guys gave me an awesome truck. Everyone at GMS Racing, Jacob Companies, the fans in the stands, everybody watching on TV, gosh this is just the coolest day of my life.Byron, a rookie won has won five races this season, looked as he would make it six when he took the lead from teammate Daniel Suarez with 21 laps left. But Byron went high into a turn and Kennedy was able to sweep past him. Kennedy had to hold on through a restart with seven laps to go, fending off Brett Moffitt the rest of the way for the victory.I was just thinking go as fast as possible on this last lap, Kennedy said. I knew Brett was putting pressure on me from behind. I appreciate him racing me clean. This is just so cool. These guys deserve it. They work so hard.The victory locked up a spot for Kennedy in the series eight-driver championship chase that begins in New Hampshire next month.Daniel Hemric was third, followed by Byron and Johnny Sauter.Kennedy had not led a lap all season before moving in front on a damp night at Bristol. The races start was delayed more than an hour when storms hit the area. When the green flag dropped, it looked as if Christopher Bell and Suarez had the strongest machines.Each, though, couldnt sustain things.Bell led a race-high 101 of 200 laps until spinning out while racing Suarez up front. Suarez led 77 laps until he was passed by Byron.Bell held on for seventh, while a late spin dropped Suarez to 29th in the 32-car field.WHOS HOT: Byron has not cooled off. The rookie driver followed up a win at Pocono, his fifth of the season, with a fourth-place run at Bristol. It was his eighth top-10 finish in 13 races this season.WHOS NOT: Two-time series champion Matt Crafton continued his disappointing summer, going only 70 of 200 laps before having to leave the track after he said something broke. Crafton started the season with six top-10s, including two victories, over the first eight races. Hes had only one top-10 finish in the past five times out and was dead last at Bristol, his worst finish of 2016.THAT WAS FAST: Pole-sitter Tyler Reddick qualified at 128.917 mph, nearly 2 mph hour quicker than the 12-year-old qualifying record held by Ken Schrader since August 2004. Reddick led nine drivers who finished under Schraders speed in setting the grid for the truck race at Bristol Motor Speedway.WET WEATHER: The start was delayed more than an hour because of rain. A caution came out early on Lap 28 when drizzle began to fall. NASCAR had scheduled a competition caution 40 laps in to see if the machines would be affected by the soggy conditions.UP NEXT: Michigan International Speedway, Aug. 27. Kyle Busch is the defending race winner. Wholesale Nike Shoes . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. Cheap Air Max China . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. http://www.wholealeairmaxshoes.com/ . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Cheap Air Max Shoes Store .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Air Max Shoes Cheap . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Chris Tillman continued the run of consistent starting pitching for the surging Baltimore Orioles. He excelled over eight innings and the Orioles earned a 4-2 win over the Texas Rangers on Sunday night to compete the three-game sweep. "Chris does things the right way," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "Usually theres good karma when he pitches." Tillman (12-3), who was added to the AL All-Star team as an injury replacement but did not pitch Tuesday night at Citi Field, gave up two runs and six hits while striking out seven. He held the slumping Rangers, who have lost four in a row and seven of eight, in check until Adrian Beltre chased him with a leadoff homer in the ninth. Darren ODay got two outs against his former team to earn his second save. "(Tillmans) fastball was working for him and he had a handle on all three of his off-speed pitches," catcher Matt Wieters said. "I knew I could put any finger down and know hed be around the plate and could get a swing and a miss." The Orioles (56-43) moved a season-high 13 games over .500 with its seventh victory in eight games, a run that has been keyed by consistent starting pitching. Baltimore starters are 7-1 in its past eight games. Baltimore leads the Rangers by 1 1/2 games for the ALs second wild-card spot. The Orioles beat Texas in Arlington in last years AL wild-card game. "Theyre a lethal team," Showalter said "I feel sorry for whoever they play against next. We hope to be in the playoff hunt, and we know (the Rangers) will be there at the end." Wieters had two hits and scored twice as the bottom half of the Baltimore lineup did the most damage. The last five hitters in the order scored all four runs, drove in three and had seven of the Orioles 10 hits. Wieters is hitting .438 with a home run, two RBIs and four runs in the past four games. "I wish I could tell you why," Wieters said. "I just have to continue to grind, continue to work and get some pitches I could drive. Just keep plugging along." Martin Perez (3-3) pitched 6 1-3 innings for the Rangers (54-44), giving up four runs and nine hits. He didnt get much help from his defence. "Very uncharacteristic baseball," Texaas manager Ron Washington said.dddddddddddd "Plays that we usually take pride in making we just havent made them. Sometimes the game finds you in that position. Were going to keep grinding." Neal Cotts, Joakim Soria and Cory Burns came out of the bullpen to combine for 2 2-3 shutout innings. Texas relievers have thrown 19 2-3 consecutive scoreless innings. Nate McLouth led off the game with a single for the third straight game, but Baltimore didnt really get going until the second inning. Thats when Rangers left fielder David Murphy lost Chris Davis fly ball in the sun for a leadoff double. Davis scored on Wieters single for a 1-0 lead. Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus made an error on a potential double play grounder that instead left the bases loaded with nobody out. Brian Roberts singled to make it 2-0, but Perez got out of the jam with consecutive strikeouts and a groundout. In the third, Wieters doubled past a diving Beltre at third base and J.J. Hardy put the Orioles up 3-0 with a double that sailed over Craig Gentrys head in centre field. Baltimore added its fourth run in the fourth. Roberts started the inning with a double and scored on Manny Machados single that caromed off Perezs glove and into centre field. Texas scored in the fifth on Ian Kinslers RBI single to right, but Murphy got caught in a rundown between third and home and was tagged out by Wieters. That made it twice in three games that a Rangers runner was thrown out after rounding third and trying to get back to the bag. Beltres home run was the first by a Rangers player since his two-run shot in the ninth inning against Detroit on July 13. NOTES: Rangers LHP Matt Harrison, on the disabled list because of a herniated disk that required two operations in late April and early May, threw a 45-pitch bullpen session Saturday and will throw 60-65 pitches Monday. The teams opening day starter said he plans to throw batting practice Wednesday. "My goal is the end of August or early September, but if things go good, maybe we can speed that up," Harrison said. ... Rangers RHP Alexi Ogando (shoulder inflammation) is slated to come off the disabled list Tuesday and start against the New York Yankees. His last appearance was against Boston on June 5. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen