t, look, the team comes first, so whate

in Tagebücher 07.03.2019 06:40
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Marianne Stanley knew college success as a player and a coach and then earned coaching honors in the WNBA.Stanley joined Herb Magee, who has won more than 1,000 games at Philadelphia University, and the late Fordham coach John Bach as winners of the Joe Lapchick Character Award on Friday.Stanley won three AIAW titles as a player at Immaculata from 1972-74, playing for Lapchick winner Cathy Rush. She went on to win two AIAW titles in 1979-80 as the coach at Old Dominion and an NCAA title in 1985. Stanley also coached at Penn, USC, Stanford and California.She was the 2002 WNBA coach of the year with the Washington Mystics and currently is an assistant for them.The awards were presented at a luncheon in New York that celebrated the life of Joe Lapchick, a Hall of Fame coach with St. Johns and the New York Knicks, who was known for his compassion and integrity off the court.Magee has been involved with the Philadelphia program for 57 years as a player and coach. He enters his 50th season as the Rams head coach with 1,032 wins. The Rams have made 29 NCAA Tournament appearances, winning the NCAA College Division title in 1970.Bach, who died in January at 91, played and coached at Fordham before coaching at Penn State. He was considered one of the top NBA assistants and an integral part of the Chicago Bulls dynasty in the 1990s.The award was first presented in 2008. Stephen Curry Shoes Cheap . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Cheap Curry Shoes . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. http://www.cheapcurryshoes.net/ . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Curry Shoes For Sale Cheap . U.S. District Judge Lorna G. Schofield in Manhattan agreed that lawyers on both sides could make their formal requests by Nov. 8. A hearing is scheduled for a day earlier. Jordan Siev, a lawyer for Rodriguez, wrote in a joint letter to the judge from lawyers on both sides that MLB lawyers planned to ask that the lawsuit be dismissed. Stephen Curry Shoes Wholesale . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. When Anil Kumble took over as Indias head coach, he was quick to acknowledge the influence of his predecessors, notably John Wright, and said he would continue to pick his brain. In only his first week in the job, Kumble has already re-introduced one of Wrights key concepts: a buddy system.During the 2001 series against Australia, Wright assigned a partner to each member of the team, usually pairing a batsman with a bowler. One such relationship, VVS Laxman becoming Zaheer Khans unofficial batting coach, carried on well beyond Wrights tenure. Kumble has instituted something similar, usually pairing a batsman with a bowler or an allrounder: Shikhar Dhawan with Mohammed Shami, for example, or Virat Kohli with Bhuvneshwar Kumar.Its about the senior guys communicating with the junior guys, Stuart Binny said. Today weve paired up - each guys paired with another guy; its called a buddy programme. So its me and Rohit [Sharma] paired up together. Ro has played a lot of one-day cricket and Test cricket, and for me to share thoughts with him, thats the way forward, I think. If I can help Rohit by 2%, then maybe he can help me with 30% - thats what were looking to do today. Its about helping each other through situations.Binny said the primary reason for the system was to get the players to communicate better, and voice their thoughts without hesitation.Its about me and Rohit communicating about our net sessions, about areas that I bowl [for example]. In the past, many guys held back because you didnt want to say something to upset another guy, but weeve been pushed in a direction to communicate what we want, especially with our games.dddddddddddd Theres a lot you can learn from someone else, even by telling him that, I think this is the way forward. Communication is the key, I think. Thats what were trying to breed.Over the course of their Test careers so far, Binny and Rohit have often vied for the same spot in the side, depending on whether conditions have demanded an extra batsman or an allrounder. Binny said that topic hadnt come up yet. No, not yet. I hope it doesnt come to that, but, look, the team comes first, so whatever needs to be done on that day or before the Test match, were there to do it.There was a slightly lopsided air to Indias nets session on Saturday in Bangalore; among the first to pad up was Amit Mishra, and one of the first spinners to have a lengthy bowl was Cheteshwar Pujara, who yelped in delight when he beat Ajinkya Rahanes outside edge. Pujara had perhaps already picked up a tip or two from his buddy Mishra.Weve divided in such a way that batsmen will help bowlers and bowlers will help batsmen, so that whenever we need to play six or seven batsmen, the batsmen can chip in with the ball, bowl seven-eight overs for us, Mishra said. My buddy is Pujara - he bowls a bit of legspin; he can help me with my batting, and I can help with his legspin, so that whenever we might need it, he can bowl seven-eight overs for the team and help us. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4290 Themen und 5078 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
Jayae86

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen