glass. After NC A&T got beat on the boards,

in Fotos 12.03.2019 10:09
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

DETROIT -- The Philadelphia Flyers are on an eight-game winning streak going into Sundays game against the Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena.The Flyers are 17-10-3 after beating the Dallas Stars 4-2 at home on Saturday afternoon. The Red Wings are 13-12-3 after a 4-1 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets Friday night at Joe Louis Arena.Brayden Schenn recorded his second career hat trick -- all on the power play -- for Philadelphia on Saturday.Look whos up top, Schenn said, crediting Jakub Voracek, captain Claude Giroux and defensemen Shayne Gostisbehere and Mark Streit for setting up his goals. Those (guys) make it happen up top and me and (Wayne Simmonds) find the garbage or the rebounds or the tips.Steve Mason made 21 saves for Philadelphia, which has won eight straight for the first time since Jan. 6-19, 2002.Voracek added an empty-net goal. He has four goals and 15 points during the eight-game winning streak.Schenn talked about his performance as it relates to the teams winning streak.Its always nice scoring goals and stuff like that, he said. When it comes in a winning effort, coming from behind again, its nice and helped keep the streak going.Gostisbehere said his right hand was OK after getting hit by defenseman Jordie Benns shot at 7:58 of the second period. He didnt play in the final 4:54 of the third period and said he had X-rays, which were precautionary.Detroit coach Jeff Blashill said his team has to create more traffic around the opponents net.We have to be a team that plays up the ice as fast as we can, Blashill told www.mlive.com. Were becoming a better O-zone team, so if we get pucks behind people and play in the other teams end we have a better chance to produce more offense.We have to be more determined to get to the net and put pucks to the net. I still think we pass up shots to try to make plays and we just have to understand that its going to be lots of shots.Gustav Nyquist and Riley Sheahan, in particular, have been struggling around the net. Nyquist has just one goal in the past 22 games and Sheahan hasnt scored a goal this season in 28 contests.The Red Wings and Flyers split a pair of games in Philadelphia six days apart in early November -- the Flyers won 4-3 in overtime on Nov. 2, and the Red Wings won 3-2 in a shootout, snapping a 12-game regular-season losing streak in Philadelphia that dated back to 1997.This will be the second of a season-long five game homestand for Detroit.The Red Wings are 2-7-2 in their past 11 at Joe Louis Arena and 6-7-2 for the season.Weve got to establish a little better home ice here, Thomas Vanek said. Were struggling on home ice. Weve just got to get some momentum early, get the fans behind us and keep that momentum going. Nike Shoes Cheap Wholesale . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Nike Shoes Cheap Online . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. http://www.shoesnikecheap.com/ . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Nike Shoes Cheap China . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Cheap Nike Shoes Womens . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- V.J. Beachem scored 19 points and Notre Dame matched its best start under coach Mike Brey with a 107-53 win over North Carolina A&T on Sunday night.Beachem was 7 of 14 from the floor. Matt Ryan knocked down five 3-pointers to finish with 17 points, and Matt Farrell added 15 points for the Irish (8-0), who scored over 100 points for the first time this season, and at least 91 points for the third straight game.Its fun to watch that group play, Brey said. Theyre really special, man, how they like playing together and sharing the ball.Bonzie Colson had 10 points and 11 rebounds for his fifth straight double-double for Notre Dame, which had seven players score in double figures. Steve Vasturia added 13 points.Its just a great way to play, Beachem said of Notre Dames offensive style. I think everybodys really bought into it.Eliel Gonzalez led North Carolina A&T with a season-high 18 points. After opening the season with a win, the Aggies (1-7) have lost seven straight. Sam Hunt finished with 17 points.Coming in as the second best free-throw shooting team in the nation, Notre Dame continued its hot streak from the line by going a perfect 14 of 14.Theres amazing confidence there right now, Brey said of his teams foul shooting. If we miss, the crowd may just get up and walk out of the building. Weve spoiled them.The Irish also lit it up from 3-point range, going 19 of 35 (54 percent).Beachem started 1 of 7 and scored just three first-half points, but his alley-oop dunk from Farrell with about five minutes to play put the Irish ahead by 44 points. My shot was a little flat and offensively, I really dont know, Beachem said. I just couldnt get it going offensively. The second half I got my shot up a little more and guys were still finding me and had confidence in me still and I was able to knock some down.Notre Dame blew the game open early in the second half with a 12-1 run.Gonzalezs 3-pointer early in the first half tied the game for NC A&T, but Notre Dame went on a 14-2 run over the next three minutes to openn up a 23-11 lead with 12 minutes to play before halftime.dddddddddddd The Irish led by as much as 21 in the first half and went into the break with a 16-point advantage.In the second half, I thought our energy level dropped, said North Carolina A&T coach Jay Joyner. Theyre hard to defend.POLL IMPLICATIONSNotre Dame finished two spots out of this weeks AP poll, but after a win over Iowa on Tuesday in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and losses earlier in the week by No. 19 Iowa State (twice), No. 21 Rhode Island, and No. 22 Syracuse, the Irish could find themselves in the rankings for the first time this season.TIP-INSAssistant coach Ray Dice Martin, in his first year at A&T, is a former Notre Dame point guard and served as team captain in 1977. ... The unselfish Irish, who are second in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio, had 29 assists on 37 field goals.BIG PICTURENorth Carolina A&T: If the Aggies want to snap their losing streak, theyll have to do better on the glass. After NC A&T got beat on the boards, 47-25 against North Dakota State on Friday, Notre Dame owned a 44-31 rebounding advantage.Notre Dame: The Irish also opened the 2010-11 season with eight straight wins. That team went 27-7, finished second in the Big East, and featured the Big East player of the year in Ben Hansbrough, but was upset in the third round of the NCAA Tournament by Florida State.UP NEXTNorth Carolina A&T: Starting with this game in South Bend, the Aggies are on the road for six of their next seven contests, including a trip to face Massachusetts in Amherst on Dec. 13.Notre Dame: The Irish face Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne on Tuesday, but they better not overlook IPFW before gearing up for their first major test of the season Saturday at No. 2 Villanova, which will likely be No. 1 after Kentuckys loss to UCLA. The Mastodons already has a top-five win this year, beating then-No. 3 Indiana in Bloomington, 71-68 on Nov. 22. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen