caused by academics, budget constraints and the difficulty

in Plichtchallenges 14.03.2019 07:45
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

NAPA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders lost two players to injuries in the exhibition opener with starting defensive end Mario Edwards Jr. sidelined by a hip injury and tight end Gabe Holmes out with an ankle injury.Coach Jack Del Rio said Monday that Edwards will miss a few weeks but wont need surgery after getting injured Friday night at Arizona. Holmes has a more significant injury -- a high ankle sprain and a broken bone in the ankle that could put him on season-ending injured reserve.With the season set to start in less than four weeks, Edwards status for the opener at New Orleans is now in question. After having his rookie season cut short by a neck injury, Edwards was being counted on as a key cog on Oaklands defensive line with his ability to be a strong force on the outside against the run or rush the passer from the inside.Edwards, a second-round pick out of Florida State in 2015, made 10 starts as a rookie and was emerging as a key player on Oaklands improving defense late last season before getting hurt. Edwards had 2 1/2 sacks, provided pressure on the quarterback and was stout against the run.The injury to Edwards will give more opportunity to Denico Autry, who started eight games last year. Autry had 20 tackles and three sacks last season after making the team the previous year as an undrafted free agent from Mississippi State.Its cool to work with the starters but its pretty much the next-man-up thing, Autry said. I just have to show them what I got and what I can do.Autry missed the start of training camp with a wrist injury and is still wearing a cast on his right arm. Del Rio said Autry showed rust on Friday night in Arizona but brings a high energy level and versatility to the defense.Hes a rugged, athletic guy that can kind of go in between, outside or inside, Del Rio said. He plays typically sub for us as a tackle, and as an end in base. We like him. Hes a good, rugged player.Holmes spent most of last season on the practice squad after impressing the Raiders as an undrafted free agent out of Purdue. He was promoted to the active roster in November but did not appear in any games.Holmes was expected to compete with Mychal Rivera for the third tight end spot behind Lee Smith and Clive Walford.Game notes Starting MLB Ben Heeney left practice limping after getting tangled up in pass coverage but tweeted later that Im good. ... OL Torian White was waived.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Corbin Burnes Jersey . A lawyer for MLB, Matthew Menchel, confirmed Wednesday the league dropped its case against Biogenesis of America, its owner Anthony Bosch and several other individuals. The lawsuit had accused Biogenesis and Bosch of conspiring with players to violate their contracts by providing them with banned performance-enhancing substances. Cheap Brewers Jerseys Authentic .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. http://www.cheapbrewersjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-jimmy-nelson-jersey . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Cheap Lorenzo Cain Jersey . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Cheap Erik Kratz Jersey . - Chris Tierney snapped a tie with a power-play goal late in the third period as the London Knights rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Erie Otters 5-3 in Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday. ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson says hes not fretting about his job security.Yet, its clearly on his mind.He certainly didnt shy away from it Tuesday.When asked during his weekly news conference whether an upset win at Virginia Tech helped ease some of the disappointments of the past two seasons, Johnson used the opportunity to staunchly defend his record with the Yellow Jackets.Truthfully, Ive never worried about that stuff, Johnson said, turning the question into a referendum on his nine seasons at the Atlantic Coast Conference school. If they think they can get somebody better, they ought to go get `em. Thats certainly their right.Georgia Tech went 3-9 a year ago and endured a three-game losing streak this season, but the Yellow Jackets (6-4, 3-4 ACC) became bowl eligible with a 30-20 victory over then-No. 18 Virginia Tech last weekend.They face Virginia (2-8, 1-5) in their home finale Saturday, before closing the regular season at state rival Georgia.My job is to try to take the players that we have and make them be the best they can be -- make sure theyre going to school, make sure theyre graduating and staying out of trouble, Johnson said. Do you want to win every game? Yeah. Do you want to win the league? Yeah. But if you look back and youre realistic, historically that hasnt happened every year here.There has been plenty of speculation about Johnsons future, especially with Georgia Tech bringing on a new athletic director, Todd Stansbury. The coach has also faced persistent questions about his run-oriented, triple-option offense, with some critics saying it prevents the Yellow Jackets from recruiting elite players on that side of the ball.The coach insists the complaints are largely driven by the media.I think the speculation is you guys, Johnson told reporters. I might live in a cave, but I dont see it. I dont get it from our administration. I donnt get it from our fan base.dddddddddddd I dont get it from our alumni. I see where you guys write about it in the paper, or they talk about it on the radio. But, like I said, I dont worry about that. It wouldnt do me any good to worry about it.Johnsons record at Georgia Tech is 67-48, including a 41-30 mark in the ACC. The Yellow Jackets have reached the conference championship game three times, winning in 2009 even though the crown was later vacated because of NCAA violations.In 2014, Georgia Tech went 11-3 and defeated Mississippi State in the Orange Bowl for its first victory in a major bowl since the 1960s.Outside of that dismal showing in 2015, the Yellow Jackets have largely played up to their potential, Johnson believes, and dealt as well as they could with some of the limitations caused by academics, budget constraints and the difficulty of drawing fans in the crowded Atlanta market.We had one really rough season, Johnson said. We got everybody hurt and went 3-9.Stansbury, a former Georgia Tech player, is set to take over as athletic director at the end of the month. He is sure to face plenty of questions about his relationship with the 59-year-old Johnson and whether someone else is better suited to guide the program.Ive talked to Todd one time: the day he got hired. We traded texts on Saturday, Johnson said. Once again, thats kind of media driven on how this is going to be a huge change. I mean, Im going to coach the football team and I guess hes going to be the athletic director. I would imagine if he wanted another football coach, hell go get one. Thats the way it works. Hell be the third AD Ive had here, so it is what it is.Im just going to do my job and he can do his job.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen