lliams left in the first quarter against

in Fotos 18.03.2019 07:02
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Although DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay were once again the primary weapons for Sacramento, the Kings displayed their depth in beating the winless New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night.Cousins had 11 of his 28 points in the fourth quarter and Gay finished with 21 points for the Kings, who never trailed in defeating the Pelicans 102-94.Aaron Afflalo added 15 points and made a huge four-point play in the fourth quarter for the Kings. The return of suspended point guard Darren Collison was also a factor in the victory, along with a bench that contributed great energy and 32 points.Afflalo is still assimilating offensively, but looked more confident, getting open for 3s and posting up. He made all three shots in the first half and finished 5 of 6.He was fantastic, Kings coach Dave Joerger said. If Im him, Im thinking -- `If Coach would have called more plays for me I would had had 30 points. He had 15 points on six shots, thats pretty efficient.It was the second straight victory for the Kings (4-5), who were 1-7 in their first eight games last season. The Kings are 2-1 at home this season and this was the first in a string of seven of eight home games.Thats one of our main goals this year, take care of home court, Afflalo said.Anthony Davis had 34 points, eight rebounds and four blocks for the Pelicans, who have started the season with eight straight losses, matching the 2004-05 team for the worst start in franchise history. Rookie guard Buddy Hield had 12 of his 14 points in the fourth quarter and ETwaun Moore added 13.Its been a miserable start to the season for New Orleans, which is without three starters -- Jrue Holiday (personal reasons), Tyreke Evans (right knee) and Quincy Poindexter (left knee).We just have to play better. Theres just no way of getting around it, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said. The effort is good and I talked to the guys about the fact that I love the way we are playing hard. But we all have to play smart. In some cases we are not playing smart.After Hield scored six straight points to pull the Pelicans within five, Afflalo hit a 3 and was fouled. He made the free throw, completing a four-point play and giving the Kings a 97-88 lead with 45 seconds left.For me, Im still trying to adjust to how to be efficient, and not get frustrated with a lack of rhythm and just play through it, Afflalo said. I dont come into a game with expectations. It depends on the situation regarding how much I shoot.Despite 14 points from Davis, the Pelicans could not cut into the Kings lead and still trailed 76-70 entering the fourth.Im not use to this at all. But its a long season, Hield said. We just have to stay confident. Were 0-8 right now, but were going to find a way and we are going to break through this. We have a lot of games left. All we need is a win to build our confidence up.Collison, who entered the game late in the opening quarter, had nine points in his first game this season. He missed the first eight games, serving a suspension for a domestic violence incident in the summer.After an unproductive first half, Collison picked up his offense in the third quarter when he scored seven points and helped the Kings maintain their lead. He finished with four assists and two steals in 27 minutes.I think the best part of the day was earlier this morning, Collison said. I came into the locker room and my teammates were waiting and started cheering. That made me feel real good and the fans embraced me. It felt really good to be out there and be with my teammates.TIP-INSPelicans: Due to a foul that put them over the limit and wasnt noticed, the final 18.9 seconds of the first half were replayed after intermission. The replay led to a five-point halftime lead rather than a three-point lead by the Kings. ... Hield struggled in the first half, missing his first four shots and had two first-half points.Kings: Cousins, who has seen his rebounds totals dip this year, had four boards. ... Reserve Willie Cauley-Stein had five fouls in 13 minutes, but also contributed nine points and three blocks. ... The Kings shot 8 of 25 on 3s, but made 48 percent of their shots overall.UP NEXTPelicans: Finish a three-game trip Thursday in Milwaukee.Kings: Host the LA Lakers on Thursday. Adidas Shoes Wholesale Uk . Collaros, 25, was solid last season, posting a 5-2 record as the starter while incumbent Ricky Ray was injured. Collaros also started Torontos 23-20 regular-season finale loss to Montreal — Ray didnt dress because the Argos had already clinched first in the East Division — but was one of three quarterbacks to play that day. Cheap Adidas Shoes Wholesale . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. http://www.wholesaleadidasshoesuk.com/ . Kozun faked to the forehand and beat Monsters starter, Calvin Pickard, pad side in the second round for the winner. Spencer Abbott also scored in the shootout for the Marlies (25-13-4). Adidas Shoes Online Store Uk . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Adidas Shoes Cheap Uk . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- If you missed Victor Cruzs clutch return to the NFL last week after missing more than a season, the 29-year-old New York Giants receiver offered an encore in Week 2.Cruz, who had a winning fourth-quarter touchdown catch against Dallas last week, hauled in a 34-yard third-down pass from Eli Manning to set up Josh Browns winning 23-yard field goal as time expired and the Giants got off to their first 2-0 start since 2009 with a 16-13 win over New Orleans Saints on Sunday.I just wanted to work my way in, catch things that are in front of me, make the plays that are presented to me, said Cruz, who had four catches for 91 yards. To make the game-winning catch a week ago and today to make a pretty decisive catch on the sideline to seal the game, I couldnt draw it up any other way. I just go out and play the game and I think Im getting better as the weeks go on.Browns third field goal capped an 11-play, 70-yard drive that featured two key third-down passes by Manning and a pass interference call on a pass to Odell Beckham Jr.The game was also redemption for the Giants defense. After allowing Drew Brees to throw for 511 yards and an NFL-tying seven touchdowns, New York limited him to one touchdown, 263 yards passing and 288 yards in total team offense in handing the Saints their second straight loss.It always comes down to a few plays but literally, we needed one more play in each of those games, and we are potentially sitting there at 2-0, said Brees, who did not complete a pass longer than 23 yards.The Saints rallied to tie it twice in the fourth quarter. A 17-yard touchdown pass from Brees to Willie Snead IV evened things at 10 early in the quarter. After Brown, who returned from a one-game suspension, gave New York a 13-10 lead with a 19-yard field goal on the next series, Brees led an eight-play, 47-yard drive that ended with Will Lutz kicking a 45-yarder to tie it with 2:54 to play.The Giants dominated the first half, but they were in danger of falling behind just before halftime when James Laurinaitis recovered Mannings fumble at the New York 25 after he was sacked by Michael Mauti.ddddddddddddAn offensive pass interference on first down forced Lutz to attempt a 38-yard field goal. Defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins came up the middle and blocked it and Janoris Jenkins jogged 65 yards for a go-ahead touchdown with 2:30 left in the half.Lutz hit a 39-yarder late in the half to get the Saints on the board.The Saints forced three turnovers, and still only scored 13 points.Its very satisfying, Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie said. That guys a Hall of Famer. Anytime we can perform like that, youve got to give credit to yourself.SPECIAL TEAMS: The last time the Giants returned a blocked field goal for a touchdown was Dec. 7, 2008, when Kevin Dockery returned one 71 yards against the Philadelphia Eagles. Coincidentally, Gene Steratore was also the referee in that game.SECONDARY CONCERNS: The Saints are hurting at cornerback. Delvin Breaux is out with a broken leg, and fellow starter P.J. Williams left in the first quarter against New York with a possible concussion and concern about his spine. Recently signed Sterling Moore and reserves DeVante Harris and Ken Crawley finished the game.MORE BREES: Brees finished 29 of 44. The 37-year-old passed Dan Marino (61,361 yards) for No. 3 in NFL history.VICTOR: The chants of Cruzzz greeted Cruz in his first game at MetLife Stadium since 2014. However, the 29-year old who caught the game winner against Dallas last weekend, fumbled at the end of a 40-yard catch after being hit by Crawley, spoiling his biggest play, until he came through at the end.GIANTS BIG THREE: Cruz, Beckham and rookie Sterling Shepard combined for 294 yards and no touchdowns.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
dsjerbbiter, gdshutter

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen