aiming to go one better in Rio next month --

in Tagebücher 19.03.2019 04:43
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

BIRMINGHAM, England -- Great Britain sailor Hannah Mills is hoping Wales remarkable run to the Euro 2016 last four is not the summers only sporting success story to have its roots in the principality.Wales is currently basking in the achievement of Chris Colemans side, with the 27,500 tickets sold for the Principality Stadium screening of Wednesdays semifinal against Portugal an indicator of how football has grabbed the attention of a traditionally rugby-obsessed country.It seems Cardiff native Mills -- who won a silver medal alongside Saskia Clark in the womens 470 at the London Olympics four years ago and is aiming to go one better in Rio next month -- is no exception.Its so inspirational, she told ESPN. Its such a cool story, what theyve done as a team, and I just feel really proud right now to be Welsh.Mills is quietly confident that her and Clark can add Olympic gold to their burgeoning collection of medals when they compete in what will be their final regatta as a pair.Clark is due to retire once their involvement at the Marina da Gloria is over, thus ending a five-year partnership that has yielded three World Cup gold medals and a world championship silver in the last 12 months alone.Were desperate to be on top of the podium but I dont think sailing is a sport that you can go to the Games and that be your only objective, she added. It is so tough, and the conditions can just not go your way on a day when they really need to.So, the goal is to just perform, as a team, as well as we can and we feel confident if we do that well be in with a really good shout.Given the success that Clark and Mills have enjoyed as a team it is not surprising that the latter feels uncertain about her post-Olympic future.Mills insists she will take her time before deciding whether to plough on towards Tokyo 2020 without her teammate, but says that gold in Rio would not necessarily convince her to call time on her own career in the water.I cant decide which way either [winning gold or not in Rio] would make me feel, she said. [If I] win a gold medal I might be more tempted to carry on just because there might be more opportunities sponsor-wise -- which makes it a lot easier.Mills added: Finishing with Sask will be quite tough, weve had an amazing journey together for five years and I dont know if Id want to do it with anyone else.It would be so bizarre. Also I feel quite excited about new challenges in life. I think Ill definitely spend a year exploring other things and finding out what I might do once I stop being an athlete. I think thats quite important.And who knows after that? Cheap NFL Shop . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Wholesale Jerseys NFL . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. http://www.jerseyschinanfl.com/ . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. NFL Gear From China . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. Cheap Football Jerseys . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. Colorado?coach Mike MacIntyre was voted Walter Camp Coach of the Year?by the nations 129 FBS head coaches and sports information directors.MacIntyre is just the second Buffaloes coach to win the award, joining Bill McCartney, who won in 1989. Under MacIntyre, the Buffaloes are 10-2 and ranked No. 8 in the College Football Playoff rankings. Colorado will play in Fridays Pac-12 championship game against No. 4 Washington.?It is an honor to receive the Walter Camp Coach of the Year award, but this all reflects on our assistant coaches and our players and how theyve invested in our program for us to be able to be successful, MacIntyre said Thursday in a school release. IIm just fortunate enough to have head coach in front of my name and be along for the ride.dddddddddddd This is special considering it is voted on by other head coaches, that truly means a lot to me coming from my peers.This is the 50th year that the Walter Camp Foundation has presented a coach of the year award. MacIntyre is scheduled to be honored at the awards banquet on Jan. 14, 2017 at the Yale University Commons in New Haven, Conn. Walter Camp, an 1889 All-American at Yale, is known as The Father of American Football.-- John Wilmhoff ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4293 Themen und 5081 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen