till going to loom over me for a long time. I

in Plichtchallenges 20.03.2019 08:53
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Two weeks away from the Olympics, nearly two out of three Brazilians believe that hosting them will cause the country more harm than good, an opinion poll said Tuesday as worries grow over crime and budget cuts.Half of the people surveyed by Datafolha pollster oppose the big sporting event. The disapproval has doubled in three years, and the frustration is even greater in south and southeast Brazil, which includes the host city Rio de Janeiro.The popularity of the Games has dropped dramatically as Brazil weathers a two-year-long recession, and unemployment and inflation shoot up.Rio de Janeiro is one of the hardest-hit states. Plunging oil prices and a massive kickback scheme at state oil company Petrobras have depleted the states accounts so severely that the states acting governor declared financial disaster in June. The move gave officials the freedom to manage shrinking resources without breaking fiscal laws and opened the way for the federal government to send an aid package of $860 million to pay for security during the event.About 85,000 police and soldiers will be working during the Games, twice the security contingent of London 2012, but experts worry about public safety after the event ends. Rios murder and robbery rates have already gone up this year.More than half of Brazilians think that the citys security problems are a cause of shame. Officers have staged protests to complain about salary delays and poor working conditions, with police stations missing basic items such as toilet paper.At a recent demonstration in the airport, one group of police held signs in English reading Welcome to Hell.The state has also been skipping payments to teachers and retired workers.On Monday, teachers protested outside the training camp for Brazils soccer team, showing banners to the arriving players that read Money only for Olympics. No money for public education.Two tramcars of Rios new light-service rail system built downtown as a legacy project for the Games were vandalized on Monday with spray-painted messages: Fancy Transportation. Trashy Hospitals. What kind of country is that?The amount that was spent on the Olympics could have helped hospitals that are closing, said Jessica Azevedo, a 23-year-old woman who works downtown. They should have thought about public health and education first. Thats where we are suffering.Datafolha interviewed 2,792 people between July 14 and 15 in 171 cities. The margin of error was 2 percentage points. Air Max 95 Cheap Uk .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Nike Air Max 95 Sale Uk . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. http://www.airmax95saleuk.com/ . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Clearance Air Max 95 Uk . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Air Max 95 Uk Release . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court. BEREA, Ohio -- Josh Gordons not looking back. Theres no point. Unable to fix his mistakes but vowing not to repeat them, the Browns talented wide receiver apologized Monday for being suspended for violating the NFLs substance-abuse policy. Gordon, who emerged as a much-needed playmaker for Cleveland as a rookie last season, was suspended without pay in June by the league for the first two games of this season. Gordon will also forfeit two other game checks as part of his punishment. In his first public comments since the suspension, Gordon, who was suspended in college at least twice for marijuana use, apologized for his latest misstep and promised to make amends with his teammates, Browns fans and Clevelands front office. "This hurt a lot of people," Gordon said. Gordon would not go into any details about the reasons he was suspended, and referred to a statement he made last month shortly after the penalty was announced. Gordon stood by his previous comments that he used cough medicine containing codeine -- a banned substance -- while recovering from strep throat in February and said what he took was not for "recreational use." "The fact that it happened, it was beyond me," Gordon said. "Its one of those things you just really cant control." Gordon also denied he has a substance-abuse problem. He has not yet spoken with members of Clevelands new front office about his issues. He was selected in last years supplemental draft by the teams previous regime. "I have not sat down with them, but I was told by other people that definitely theyre supporting me, in my corner," he said. "Thats good to know. Im definitely still trying to regain their trust and our front offices trust, our teams trust, just to prove to them that they can count on me." Browns coach Rob Chudzinski has met with Gordon, who caught 50 passes and led the Browns with 805 yards receiving and five touchdowns. "Obviously Im disappointed in the situation," Chudzinski saidd.dddddddddddd "Its important that Josh understands what my expectations are. Ive talked to him about that. He understands accountability and I expect him to work and do everything he can to be the very best player he can be in the meantime and well go from there." Gordon, who was kicked off Baylors team for failed drug tests, assured Chudzinski he has learned from the experience. "Accountability is a big issue," he said. "Were definitely planning for the future. Were looking forward to the things we can do beyond this point. I cant really sit back and just think about the past and things thats happened. Were really looking forward to what we can do from here on out." Gordon was reminded he said something similar a year ago, but stumbled. He was asked if he had to prove himself all over. "I really dont feel that way," he said. "Im still working towards it but thats something thats in the past. Its still going to loom over me for a long time. I still have a long way to go, a lot to prove to the fans here, to the people here. This is another obstacle in my way." This is the second straight year the Browns will be missing a key player to open the season because of a suspension. Last year, star cornerback Joe Haden missed the first four games for a drug violation and the Browns went 0-4 without him. The Browns wont have Gordon for their Sept. 8 opener against Miami or the following week against the defending Super Bowl-champion Baltimore Ravens. "Obviously Im disappointed," quarterback Brandon Weeden said, "but the nice thing about this team is we have guys that can step in and make plays. I have a lot of confidence in all the receivers that are going to be there Week One. Good teams find a way, when they have stuff goes on, guys step in and make plays. "Im confident in the guys we have to get that done and when Josh comes back in Week Three, well welcome him back and hell continue to make us a better football team." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: fashionstore
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4290 Themen und 5078 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
Jayae86

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen