g front, Herath lauded seamer Suranga Lakmal, wh

in Ausreden 04.04.2019 08:45
von mary123 • 1.541 Beiträge

TORONTO - To the surprise of some, Brett Lawrie was in the Blue Jays starting lineup on Monday night. To the concern of all, he didnt finish the game, spraining his left ankle while completing an awkward slide during a successful steal of second base. Where have you heard that before? "I guess you could say I dodged a bullet," said Lawrie after Torontos 9-3 win over Atlanta. "Just from what Jose Reyes did earlier this year and that type of injury that can happen when you get caught up on the bag like that where anything can really happen. Obviously, fortunately enough for myself that it was just my ankle and I can put pressure on it and stuff like that so theyre all good signs and well just see what happens when I wake up." Lawrie was walking around the clubhouse without a noticeable limp. An x-ray was negative and the Blue Jays list him as day-to-day. Just 24 hours earlier, Lawrie was the subject of controversy when first he glared, then screamed at Adam Lind and third base coach Luis Rivera in the ninth inning of Sundays win over Baltimore. Lawrie had flied out to right field and felt, in the moment, Lind should have tagged and tried to score. "Thank God I didnt go, I probably would have been out," said Lind. "The only way I would have gone would be if (Nick Markakis) came up throwing to second base." Manager John Gibbons verbally sparred with Lawrie in the dugout; Jose Bautista played peacekeeper and mentor. On Monday, Gibbons said he felt there would be no benefit to benching Lawrie, saying the matter had been "dealt with" and the club was ready to "move on." Lawrie addressed his teammates during a pre-scout meeting but declined media requests to speak on the matter. Other Blue Jays spoke up, including Bautista, who suggested Lawrie got caught up in the intensity of the ninth inning rally and lost track of the games situation. "Everybody noticed his reaction was not the best, but I talked to him and I understood that he got confused a little bit and caught up in the moment," said Bautista. "Thats it, its in the past, it got addressed and it shouldnt be a problem going forward." Veteran Mark DeRosa was signed in January, a late edition to the re-made Blue Jays, tasked with a leadership role. Lawrie is his biggest project. Their locker stalls have been side-by-side since the start of spring training. Theyve golfed together. They talk often. "I think a lot of pressure has been placed on him being the only Canadian guy," said DeRosa. "A lots been made of his importance to this franchise and that he plays well … I mean its just a learning process. I think thats why I was brought in here, to sit down and talk to him about certain things and how to handle yourself the right way. "Hes trying to get things going," continued DeRosa. "He feels he has a sac fly and a (RBI) and hes helped his team and then Adam doesnt go. Instead of looking at it like, as youre running down the first base line, hes probably not going to go. Those are things well work on but I know his hearts in the right place and thats why I kind of move on and well talk to him and address it. I know hes sick about it. I know he is." Lind, whose decision to hold on the Lawrie fly ball paid off one hitter later when he scored on a DeRosa RBI fielders choice, was forgiving of the third basemans indiscretion. "Theres no hard feelings for anybody," said Lind. "Its a fiery game, a fiery inning, bottom of the ninth, a big crowd and everybodys trying to win. Especially when youre young and probably not been in that situation for years, youre fired up." Lind agreed with Gibbons decision to put Lawrie in Mondays lineup. "Our best lineup is with him at third base and were kind of in a situation where we need to win ballgames and he did the mature thing to do, and talk to us during the meeting," he said. THE BROTHERS RASMUS When Colby Rasmus stepped into the batters box to face his brother, Braves pitcher Cory Rasmus, in the seventh inning on Monday, it marked the first time since June 23, 2010 that one sibling had pitched to another. It was an awkward experience. "It was a strange feeling, a lot of emotions going on," said Colby Rasmus. "But it was awesome and terrible at the same time." Colby doubled off Cory. Father Tony and another brother, Cyle, were watching from the stands. JOHNSON BRIEFLY BACK IN TORONTO - RETURN DATE SCHEDULED Josh Johnson made the drive from Buffalo to Toronto on Monday morning to throw a bullpen session for pitching coach Pete Walker. Johnson is rehabbing triceps inflammation and has made two minor league starts, most recently for the Bisons on Saturday. Hes due to pitch for Buffalo one more time and, barring a setback, will return to the Blue Jays and pitch the series opener in San Francisco next Tuesday. ROMERO ROCKED The sad saga of Ricky Romero continued in Buffalo on Monday. Romero didnt get out of the first, allowing eight runs on five hits in two-thirds of an inning. He walked three Durham Bulls and gave up a two-run home run to top prospect Wil Myers. Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. http://www.cheapmlbchinajerseys.com/ .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. MLB Jerseys China .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers. Cheap Baseball Jerseys Online . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Rangana Herath, who led Sri Lanka to a 2-0 sweep of Zimbabwe in his first series as captain, has said that the teams recent run in Test cricket bodes well for the South Africa tour, which starts with the Boxing Day Test in Port Elizabeth. Sri Lankas 257-run victory in Harare in the second Test was their fifth successive win - they swept Australia 3-0 at home prior to this series - to equal their second-longest winning streak in Tests.If you take the Australian series, the 3-0 win gave us a lot of confidence for the Zimbabwe tour, Herath said on Saturday. Now that we have beaten Zimbabwe and won five Tests in a row, I am sure that confidence will help us for the South African tour. I am 100 percent certain about the confidence of our players that they will do well in South Africa.Herath himself led the way in Zimbabwe, taking 19 wickets in two matches at an average of just over 15. During his 8 for 63 in the second Test in Harare, Herath became only the third bowler, after Muttiah Muralitharan and Dale Steyn, to complete a five-for against all nine other Test nations.I would say it was a kind of a high achievement, Herath said. I didnt know that I was the third player to achieve that feat, but I am really happy with that performance because I havent had a five-wicket haul against Zimbabwe, and it was the first time I played against them. I am really happy to join that club with Murali and Steyn.Herath, who stood in as captain in the absence of Angelo Mathews and Dinesh Chandimal, said he relished the experience. I enjoyed every single moment of it and I did really enjoy the captaincy. I had played under a lot of captains like Sanath (Jayasuriya), Mahela (Jayawardene), Sanga (Kumar Sangakkara), (Tillakaratne) Dilshan, Hashan (Tillakeratne) and Angelo (Mathews), and gained experience from them. That experience helped me a lot coupled with the little bit I had captaining Moors SC to the Premier league title.Herath acknowledged the contributions of several players, including the returning Upul Tharanga, for making his job easier. Openerr Dimuth Karunaratne hit form with 280 runs in four innings, including a century and two fifties.dddddddddddd Tharanga held the middle order together and brought up his second Test hundred last week, nearly 11 years after his first. Fringe players like batsman Dhananjaya de Silva and seam-bowling allrounder Asela Gunaratne also impressed. It was easier to captain when every single player was performing and contributing a lot to the team, Herath said. I must thank the players and the supporting staff for our success in the series.If you take individually, Kusal Perera, Kaushal Silva, Dhanajaya (de Silva), Asela Gunaratne, Dimuth Karunaratne performed; every single player contributed in every single game. Players like Upul Tharanga, who came to Test cricket after a long time, and Asela, who played his first at the age of 30, I saw some difference in him he played a matured innings in both Tests.On the bowling front, Herath lauded seamer Suranga Lakmal, who found swing with the new ball and reverse-swing with the old one on docile surfaces, and offspinner Dilruwan Perera who complemented him.Of the bowlers, most credit should go to Suranga Lakmal because on those flat tracks, its not easy to bowl, but he bowled his heart out, he said. Even Lahiru Gamage, he gave the kind of confidence to the team and he looks a good prospect for Sri Lanka. Dilruwan (Perera) and myself, every single player contributed in some way, thats why we won the two Tests.Herath, 38, said he has not set any long-term plans, and instead looked to take it series by series. I have gained a lot of confidence in the last two series I played, taking 28 wickets against Australia and 19 against Zimbabwe, he said. I am always planning to take it series by series and try to do my best each time. Its a much easier target than planning for six to twelve months. As long as I am contributing 100 percent, its easier to continue playing for the team. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: dsjerbbiter
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4011 Themen und 4799 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen